1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 King Ranch 350 Hit While at Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 PM
KCF
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 King Ranch 350 Hit While at Dealer

My girlfriend just bought a 2008 King Ranch One Ton Crew Cab (drop dead gorgeous) and had it home less than a week. She took it out for a drive and it died so she had it towed to the dealer. At the dealer's it started right up the next morning so a service person took it out for a test drive and it died on the highway. While waiting for the tow truck to get there a 19 year old in a Pathfinder hit the corner of the truck, crunched the side and broke the light. My friend is of course beside herself. Waited all this time to buy the truck of her dreams and this happened.

What do you folks think are her options? Should the dealer order her a new truck? Could the frame be damaged? Right now she is so furious she wants a new truck and a new option for the time she's waiting, making payments (wow, almost the $ of a new home for some) and not having use of the truck.

Her heart is just broken.

What do you think? Ever had anything like this happen?

Also, do you know why this truck has been dying on her? I wondered if it could be something as simple as the fuel or ...???

KCF

Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
redford
Received 1,564 Likes on 912 Posts
She won't get a new truck, her truck will be repaired. She should call her insurance agent. Her insurance will work woth the dealership's insurance to get the repairs paid for.

The frame probably isn't bent, based on your description of the damage.

What engine does she have in this F-350?

Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
"What engine does she have in this F-350?[/QUOTE]"

My girlfriend would have the Diesel , Most cost = Best.

Last edited by supeRobertduty; 07-05-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 PM
johnnysF350
Elder User
I concur with redford. A new truck is definately not an option. It is unfortunate but these things do happen. Sucks though, I know I would want a new truck as well but you have to be realistic. On the bright side, being that the truck is new, the paint should be easier to match up as it probably has not started to fade yet. Hope it all works out well for her.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
AlbyVA
Senior User
I'm wondering why a brand new F-350 truck died. I'm thinking about getting the King Ranch myself, but if dies, I'm gonna be steaming..

Old 07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
I think the girl should get a new truck, not because someone hit it while it was in possession by ford. She should get a new truck because the new truck she purchased has already died twice, new with problems usually results in more later on. She spent around $50K for that truck, she should get one that works 100% of the time.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
KCF
New User
It was a diesel

Hi,

I don't know much about the Fords other than her new 08 truck is a diesel and the interior and front is to die for. (I drive a 1 ton crew, duelle, Duramax--sorry guys and gals but they are all outstanding trucks. I pull a 34', 12,000+ horse trailer and any one of the three would pull the wheels off the horse trailers. In reading some of the posts, I can see where if you try out a truck and know you're gonna love it but the one you try doesn't seem quite right, move on to the next one. I tried out 3 Duramax trucks before buying this one. It's an 03 and I love this truck. Wouldn't have given you a plug nickle for the two prior ones I tried.)

I, too, wondered why her new Ford has died twice. Thought it might be the fuel but she said she's only used one-half tank fuel since she bought the truck.

By the way, this is a warning--be careful at those BP stations. The green handle pumps have this little tiny oval that says "gas" on them. I filled my Duramax full of gas! Had to have it towed across the street and drained. BP would do nothing about it. Said this was a high level corporate decision to have green handles for gas and black for diesel. The station said at least one truck per week fills with gas instead of diesel.

Happy trails to you.

KCF

Old 07-05-2007, 04:20 PM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, technically, it only failed once. the second time, it was on a test drive so the mechanic could duplicate the condition. so, really, its only once. the lemon law, which is different from state to state, usually means it has to have the failure 3 seperate times and the dealer must make an attempt each time. this is only the first time.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
WELCOME to FTE!

Unless the dealer roles over (not going to happen), her insurance and the dealer's insurance will cover the repair.

If it was a blatant liability thing, like the mechanic hit someone else, I could see the dealer going out of their way to do something - maybe.

But in a case like this, the most they would (or should) do is give her a loaner until it's fixed. I've read almost the exact same thing happen over and over again, and all it comes down to is - it gets fixed. And most of the time, looks as good or better than it did brand-new. The one thing I'd try to get is a 3-year warranty on the work, if possible, or even longer.

I was sick to my stomach the first time I scratched the paint on my '01 on the rear door, just under the molding, down to the metal.

I got it painted, it was only painted below the moulding, and you can't even tell. Matter of fact, the new paint is better looking than the surrounding area, and 3 years later, it's not even possible to tell. And that's a clearcoat.

As to why it's dieing, visit the 2008 6.4L forum, and ask there. Lots of helpful people in there...

Old 07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
KCF
New User
On the lemon law, is there a time limit, i.e., three times within the first year?

Thanks.

KCF

Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
riggz
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
here's the issue with them just repairing it. the paint will be far sub par in quality. will most likely scratch very easily as the depth of the clear coat will be a lot thinner. the 19yo's insurance should also cut her a check for the lost value in the truck now that it has been involved in an accident. if she's really wanting a new truck, she's gunna have to go after the 19yo's insurance company.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Originally Posted by KCF
On the lemon law, is there a time limit, i.e., three times within the first year?

Thanks.

KCF
yes there is a time limit and mileage limit. It is hard to get ford to replace something for lemon law. It is more than just 3 times within the first year. The three times within the first year is a joke, I had an explorer in the shop for transmission problems 5-6 times in the first year I owned it, and ford wouldn't replace anything. The dealership basically said i was lying and that they could not duplicate the problem. Then after a year of owning the vehicle ( a year of getting 8-9 mpg) Ford came out with a service bulletin saying some explorers may not shift correctly and will jolt into gear, which of course didnt fix the problem. Fortunately i was able to trade the piece of a **** explorer in and get an 07 expedition.

KCF you need to get your girlfriend to fight to get a new one now. She shouldn't have to take a $50K truck with problems from the get go. She should contact her salesmen and the sales department manager and tell them it is unacceptable. It is a safety issue if it dies on the highway, especially if you are pulling a trailer.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by KCF
Read the user guidelines, we can't talk about that stuff here.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html - see Section 8.

thanks.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
KCF
New User
Utto. Sorry. What did I post wrong? The green pump handle or lemon law? I really didn't mean it to be a slam on the station, just to warn folks not to use the green handle. Use the black one. Cost me almost $400.00 because I didn't take the time to read the little oval warning. Again, sorry.

KCF

Old 07-05-2007, 04:48 PM
country2
Senior User
I agree with riggz she should at a minimum get a check for deminished value and a big check. It will most likly show up on car fax and will likly hurt resale. just my $.02

Quick Reply: 2008 King Ranch 350 Hit While at Dealer