Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Check this out new driving laws about to be passed

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ml#post4874593

Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
Virginia legislator introduces new speeding ticket tax that boosts penalties beyond $3550, driving business to his traffic law firm.

Go to the link for for info

Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 AM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, we were talking about this yesteday at work. That looks downright corrupt. Now, maybe Albo just hates speeders and the other minor, but super-annoying violations.

He's probably just pissed because he has to drive through the Springfield Interchange every day, which really, really sucks.

Now, on the other hand, I agree with punishing gross, negligent violators. I'll have to look up what constitutes "obstructed view". I hope a fully loaded pickup bed doesn't. Passing a school bus better be the same old definition of "while the bus is stopped, lights flashing and loading/unloading passengers".

Now, forgetting to use your blinker as a 6-point conviction? Ouch! That's overly harsh. That may be an attempt to combat people weaving in and out of traffic. (so just use your blinkers when you weave). The only people they're going to catch with this are regular people in turn-only lanes and grandma pulling into a gas station. They're never going to catch the guys playing tag on the DC Beltway...which is where you need it most.

15mph gets you...70 on most highways, and 80 on I-95. Not great, but not horrible, either. The 3mph threshold is sketchy. RADAR isn't that good, I don't think. What scares me is that the +3mph law will make cops think they're obligated to setup traps and ticket people. Expect massive carnage on I95 and I64 as they nail beachgoers. This double sucks, because I'm driving to Norfolk on the 8th from the DC area.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
BoltBuster
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea it kills me when your on the same road that passes from city to city and the speed limit jumps from 45 to 30.....Norfolk is revnue crazy lock up your daughters...there next