So what do you do with the glycerine and other waste?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
captaincook
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what do you do with the glycerine and other waste?

After seperation? Ive been reading alot of good info, but havent heard what people do with this stuff? Im in the process of getting all my stuff together for my appleseed processor. Thanks in advance for the info.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by captaincook
After seperation? Ive been reading alot of good info, but havent heard what people do with this stuff? Im in the process of getting all my stuff together for my appleseed processor. Thanks in advance for the info.
If you use KOH, NOT NaOH, and recover the excess methanol you can use it as a liquid fertilizer, Mix it with cattle feed, Or use it in compost. I use it all 3 ways.

My new processor will use it for process heat. Last winter I used it to heat my shop! I made a ton of feed pellets with it last month, and am presently feeding it to 10 calves, so far so good, no problems. This winter I will use it in a pellet stove. I think we'll find many more uses for it also.

I talked with the head of our county Road Dept last week and we will try it next month as a dust control agent on gravel roads.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what I was thinking out here in AZ is dust control.