B20 or B99??? Are there Advantages or Disadvantages?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
captaincook
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B20 or B99??? Are there Advantages or Disadvantages?

Im going on my lunch to buy my very first tank of BIO. The place has B20 and B99. I dont know which one to use? Need some imput.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well depending on how full your tank is now would make some difference if this si the first time you have run bio. if you have over half a tank go ahead and fill up with the 99 but and this is just my personal opinion for the first few times you run it I would run less than 50% (thus the reason I said half a tank max) and would actually suggest running at or below 25% to let it clean out your fuel system before going straight bio, and keep a spare fuel filter with you. But after your sure or at least pretty sure the tank is cleaned up I really like running mine on 100% bio in the summer.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 AM
captaincook
Junior User
Its on empty. The light came on right as I was pulling into work this morning. So you would go with the B20?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yep for your first tank especially I would go with the B20 and be sure and stop and pickup a fuel filter just to have with you. After a few tanks then you could switch to the B99, like I said I like running at that level myself but even after not running bio all winter (can't get it locally and the way I am setup can't make it in the winter) I still start at B25 and work up to the B100 within about a month (and change my filter after a couple of weeks although it doesn't seem to plug anymore even after all winter)

Old 06-28-2007, 12:24 PM
captaincook
Junior User
Well I couldnt find the place yesterday on my lunch and I was about out of gas. I stopped and was filling up with regular diesel when I thought hmmmmm I can go back after work and top off the tank with BIO. Well Its pretty much B50 now. I cant tell a difference in the way it runs but its alot quieter, smells much better and although Ive only started it once on the B50 it seemed to start quicker. Is that possible? GOnna stop on the way home and get e new fuel filter to keep in the truck just in case.