Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Another Newb (well sort of :) )

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
ibyourhucklebery
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another Newb (well sort of :) )

Well guys I found it, a '02 X 7.3 4x4 w/ 76k limited (red). My wife will be picking it up tomarrow , assuming it drives satisfactorily. I currently have a '00 X v/10 4x4 (blue) and have looking for a newer one for about 3 - 4 months.....the reason..... she wanted RED. I have been hanging out in the V10 / Excursion forums for a while ( over a year) and put well over 36K w/o any problems from the engine, I love the power but @ 96k Im gonna let her go. I know everybody has their favorites and hope i don't get flamed, I just wanted to say HI, and will be doing a lot of reading, how else am i gonna figure out the onslaught on acryonyms (sp?)

Old 06-24-2007, 06:45 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it drives out great, welcome to the land of 7.3's. I hope your wife does not like things too stock, cause you will be catching a case of PMS( your first acronym) Powerstroke Mod Syndrome. There are a lot of little things that can be done to the 7.3 and the X to make it more, shall we say, fun to drive, you can tell her that they will improve the reliability,MPG, comfort, or whatever else you can think of but truth is You just bought the vehicle that should last you 200K over the 76K that are already on there.

look here www.7point3.com for common mods and maintenance items. once again welcome to the oil burner crowd.