Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Urgent question about early 99 F350 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Turbodiesel600
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent question about early 99 F350 turbo

I pull my turbo today to fix my leaking up pipes, but when I did, a bolt which conects the intake section of the turbo to the exhaust section was broke and fell out, both parts. There was another bolt missing on the other side too. There is about an eighth of an inch play between the two housings. I am assuming that the gap/play is not supposed to be there, right? I am also assuming that there are supposed to be four bolts holding it together instead of just two, right? This is my first time dealing with a turbo so I need as much help as possible. Anyone know what size they bolts are? They have a torques shaped head. When I push the housing back together, there is a minimal amount of play in the turbo shaft. The blade look as though they are in good condition. Anything I need to look for before I put it back in?

Also, my EBP sensor tube is rusted in half. Anyone know if I can get that anywhere other than from Ford.
Thanks

Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes them bolts need to be there and tight..there is 4 of them holding the turbo and exhaust houseing together..i think it was a 10 mil wrench..but cant quite remember..the tube you can make with brake line..or its 50 bucks at a dealer for that thing...