Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

G2G South Whidbey Campout 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up G2G South Whidbey Campout 2007

Spring and summer are around the corner. The nights are getting shorter and the days are getting longer...Seems like a good time for all members to give some input for a G2G.

RexB has suggested one at his place on Whidbey...There weren't many responses, but my guess is that everyone was still in hibernation.

Anyways, use this thread to give suggested dates and places. Let's just plan a great weekend G2G

Old 02-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Weekend G2G

How about a weekend camp? We can use some of the recipes from the thread that Rex started. Just need some suggetions from members about where and when and if they can be there.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Ft Stevens just outside of Astoria is a nice place to go. It is the largest state run campground on the west coast. It was a coastal artillery battery durring WWI and WWII. There is a beach that we can drive on and a ship wreck to visit. there is also a museum of the old fort there. In Astoria there is a Coast Guard museum. It is a really noce place to camp.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
Ft Stevens just outside of Astoria is a nice place to go. It is the largest state run campground on the west coast. It was a coastal artillery battery durring WWI and WWII. There is a beach that we can drive on and a ship wreck to visit. there is also a museum of the old fort there. In Astoria there is a Coast Guard museum. It is a really noce place to camp.
That sounds great, and the Astoria area is very beautiful, but that is Oregon...We are the Washington Chapter of FTE, and most of the members are around the Puget Sound and Strait.

It is suggested that there are three G2G's each year. I think it would be great to plan one in the sound area, one in the eastern part of the state, and one in the mountains...This would give us ocean, desert and mountains.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd be up for pretty much anything on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. A good old fashioned BBQ (a real one with smoked meat, not these flash-charred things they call BBQs), some good times in good company.
I would offer to host, but I do not have parking for more than maybe one other vehicle..........
Also, my GTG would be non-alcoholic, since I don't drink. Probably would only need that one parking spot then-

Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Also, my GTG would be non-alcoholic, since I don't drink. Probably would only need that one parking spot then-
Ford_Six, You should save the parking spot for me...I don't drink either.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
G2g

I'd be up for pretty much anything on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. A good old fashioned BBQ (a real one with smoked meat, not these flash-charred things they call BBQs), some good times in good company.
I would offer to host, but I do not have parking for more than maybe one other vehicle..........
If we can get enough interest, I will get a spot reserved. Right now, we just need to get members commited.

Most members are around the sound...There are many public spots that can be reserved, and I think we own some land around the sound also, I will check into it...Not rich, but we did buy some land and houses up here a few years ago.

I think we have a piece of property in a place called 'Doseywhallups'. Not sure about the spelling, but was there once, and I believe it is on the canal... In any case...we will get a G2G going.

Last edited by Placermike; 03-01-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Well that makes 3 of us. I am not much of a drinker, about 1 beer a year or a few wine coolers.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Don't have to be a drinker to enjoy meeting people, eating good food, and just have a great time!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welp I'm a drinker, so y'all are Duty Drivers!

Mike, you bought property and houses but don't know where they are? How does that work...i want that fairy godmother too!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Lol- Want to sell a place cheap? I'll host GTGs..........
I stopped drinking about two years ago, I was going to the bar every night, spending way too much on alcohol, and there was a massive history of alcoholism in my family to begin with.
What really gets me, though, is that I used to drink a minimum of four drinks a night (actually six, two double shots of Jack, and two Icehouse chasers), and be fine. It would take half a bottle of Jack and a six pack to get me feelin pretty good, and I never managed to get actually drunk to the point I got sick, had a hangover, or couldn't stand up. About a year ago, I had a beer with a friend, and had to sit down.
I guess your tolerance goes down after a bit.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:52 AM
993/4ton
Senior User
I would love to go to a GTG!! I am guilty of self-medicating with vitamin beer, from time to time! The good news is...I married my designated driver!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 993/4ton
I would love to go to a GTG!! I am guilty of self-medicating with vitamin beer, from time to time! The good news is...I married my designated driver!
I found that to be a good working relationship...Don't have to worry about losing my priveldge to drive or hurt anyone or my truck.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Count me in for the G2G's just need place, date and time. My portable room will have the fridge stocked with a few Barley pops.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
"Lostmybeer".

And... a portable fridge stocked with barley pops.

Hey brutha'!

Even though I do my drinking in a stationary place now so don't have to use wheels to go elsewhere, I sense a kindred spirit.

Welcome to the crowd! Ya' already entered in the "Roll Call", didja' get on the Washington Chapter Frappr too?

Quick Reply: G2G South Whidbey Campout 2007