Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

56 F100 with 57 bed and stock??

Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Question 56 F100 with 57 bed and stock??

I met a guy in Pa., Sunday and he said his 56 got a late in the model year change bed. I n other words he claims the 56 beds were gone so they put a 57 bed on it from factory. Is this true? I have not seen this before. I think it looked awkword and didn't like the newer bed but it seems like a question for FTE. Bill

Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
51dueller
Post Fiend
51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.
Do you mean the styleside bed? I think they would have just put on the newer flareside bed since they still offered the short and longbox.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:47 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Yes it was the flatter-flairside bed. It didn't make sense to me either since the stepside bed was used till 72. He must have heard wrong. THANKS Bill

Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I mean they used the flat---57 style bed---not step-side style---sorry

Old 06-19-2007, 08:35 AM
shoveled71
Freshman User
shoveled71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
56 drivers window

I recently bought a longtime dream truck, 56 F-100, its a nice truck with a few problems to work out, the previous owner eleminated the vent windows so now it has just the big flat windows, the drivers side is cracked and all the catalogs Ive seen shows only the window for use with a vent window, does anyone sell the big window or will I have to get one cut. Thanks Spike

Old 06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster
Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by shoveled71
I recently bought a longtime dream truck, 56 F-100, its a nice truck with a few problems to work out, the previous owner eleminated the vent windows so now it has just the big flat windows, the drivers side is cracked and all the catalogs Ive seen shows only the window for use with a vent window, does anyone sell the big window or will I have to get one cut. Thanks Spike
Your best bet is to take it to a local glass guy. He can use the old window as a pattern and cut you a new piece pretty inexpensively.

You should check the window runs to make sure there is no kink in them. Something is probably wrong there and caused the glass to break in the first place.

I would opt to have the glass guy put the new window in and trouble shoot any problems with it.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputation
He probably is believing the story the previous owner told him. Perhaps the previous owner believed the story his PO told him...

I am sure Ford did not do that/ They would have saved the styleside for intro in '57.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:46 PM
black58
Elder User
black58 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have personally seen one '57 ford that was made using 56 parts. Titled as a 57, vin said it was a 57. I guess it is possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.