North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

anyone know anyone with a place?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know anyone with a place?

I'm thinking of a place to go on vaction this summer. I really want to go back to nagshead. Me and my G/f went down for Valentine's day and there was nothing open(which didnt surprise me). So does anyone know anybody that has a house or place they rent out kinda cheap?? It can be Nagshead, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Whalebone Junction. I'm thinking possiably July sometime. Thanks

Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 PM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
after talking with my g/f she said we dont have to go to nagshead. So, Where is there a place that has attractions?? We like to go and ride go carts, civil war sites, aquariums, pier fishing, stuff like that. I dont want to go to Carolina beach cause there's nothing to do down there.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Xyzzy
Senior User
Last summer we went to the aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. Up the street, north, is Fort Macon which has tons of free, CLEAN beaches. We found a relatively cheap motel and had a blast. The people were nice too, and the aquarium was very impressive. They just did a big remodelling job.

http://www.ncaquariums.com/pks/pksindex.htm

If you have kids they will love the interactive displays, especially the turtles.

IIRC, there is a Civil war fort.

http://ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/foma/home.html

Last edited by Xyzzy; 05-30-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:51 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
anyone know somewhere to stay in emerald isle??? I need a room with a kitchenette. i looked them up on the net and all the motels i called the number was out of service.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:46 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
i have a room in a rescue building in beautiful rocky mount north carolina... 500 a night... and there is even a twin size bed in it!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
Originally Posted by CaptGuz
i have a room in a rescue building in beautiful rocky mount north carolina... 500 a night... and there is even a twin size bed in it!
thanks, we found a place in emerald isle thats walking distance from all the amusements. its 2 dbl beds kitchenette, ocean view 2nd floor. 500/week

Old 06-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Xyzzy
Senior User
After posting about the last year's vacation to the aquarium and Fort Macon we have decided to do it again this year, from the 22nd to the 24th.

I think Emerald Isle is pretty close to Atlantic Beach. Does anyone know the name of the water park that is supposed to be around there? Or anything else interesting that a kid might enjoy?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
yea but does your place at the beach have loud alarms and trucks with flashy red lights and stuff? HUH! i ... didn't ... think so.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
Originally Posted by CaptGuz
yea but does your place at the beach have loud alarms and trucks with flashy red lights and stuff? HUH! i ... didn't ... think so.
lol. i know all about those flashy red lights and loud sirens. I used to be a jr firefighter until i turned 18. A DOA that came in as a seizure changed everything! I'll tip my hat to yall! I can deal with the fires but not the medic calls.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
i've had more doa's fatalities and mutilations than i can count... been covered in blood, vomit, ****, ****, and just about anything. thats what they make disinfectants and showers for... its no big deal to me... but i'm not running into a burning building or going in a confined space unless there is HUMAN life to save... sorry but that little kitty is not worth my life to me... lol

Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Xyzzy
Senior User
Last summer we went to the aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. Up the street, north, is Fort Macon which has tons of free, CLEAN beaches. We found a relatively cheap motel and had a blast. The people were nice too, and the aquarium was very impressive. They just did a big remodelling job.
We just returned from our annual, inexpensive trip to the beach. We did the same plan as last year. The weather was perfect and I think I'm starting to learn my way around Morehead City pretty good. Give me a few years and they'll think I'm a local, although I'm sure they can figure out I'm a tourist because I feed Cheetos to the seagulls. They hover in huge groups and pick them out of your hand. I was really impressed with their flying skills. But I'm impressed my truck has A/C so I guess I'm easy to impress. Or something.

Last edited by Xyzzy; 06-24-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
LOL Yea i feed the gulls cheetos too. Dont try that at Myrtle. Them Gulls are high class. They wont even eat bread. LOL