Sponsored by: DP Tuner

New DP Tuner an mph WOW

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
gunnertom
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New DP Tuner an mpg WOW

Well here's another DP thread,Today I went to see Gary at Southern diesel Pref for an over all evaluation of my new truck ,an get my dp tuner installed.It's about 110 miles to lakeland FL from my house,so I reset the mpg lie-o-meter.I ran the 110 miles to garys house at 17.7mpg.Great guy,the dp an the truck all check out fine. So on the way home I had a blast, reset the lie-o-meter an ran the same route at 21.5mpg on the 80 econo setting.I will check the actual mpg on the next tank of fuel (maybe) It was a good day.

Ps ,, when I got home fedX had dropped my new cab light lenses.NOW THATS A GOOOOD DAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gunnertom; 06-09-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The overhead display is WAY off now thanks to the chip. I run DP-Tuner also, but I doubt the actual mileage you got is over 21 mpg. Sorry, but it's true. You may have seen an actual 1-1.5 mpg increase, assuming you are able to resist the temptation of all that newfound power.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
gunnertom
Senior User
Yea I was thinkin It might be off so that why I said I'll check it on the next tank,,,,But damn the dp is cool.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:27 AM
goin4bro
Cross-Country
Smile

I recently got the 80 econo tune and just completed a 700 mile trip at 75 MPH. I gained between 1 and 2 MPG while the overhead showed a gain of about 6. The overhead must be linked to throttle position or something, but there certainly was a mileage gain. Jody at DP told me that the ULSD fuel we all run these days can rob as much as 4 or 5 MPG. For those of us wondering what happened to our fuel economy here in the last few months, I think Jody hit the nail on the head.

As for my personal take on the 80 econo.... I simply can't believe I waited that long to get it. Sent my PCM in and had it back in 2 days. Very smooth throttle response - a much more driveable vehicle now. Need to pass someone? Not a problem. Tickle the happy pedal and you're too busy grinning to realize that the slow car is already 1/8 mile in your mirrors. Simply a wonderful product!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I feel the exact same way.