Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Bed Bounce - Ford,Chevy and the yotas

Old 06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i1dery
Would have to say that i'm on Vmax's side, still.
And before the other guy's start calling me names .
The p/m's I received were predicting you were his groupie.....they were correct.

Seriously, you just love the guy 'cause he's bagging on Toy.....if he came here telling us how much better his GMC is over Ford, you'd have a totally different opinion.

You'd jump all over him about being loyal and how it's a Ford site and

Old 06-25-2007, 03:46 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Well I'll be!!!

They just paved the roads by my house and added staggered 8" speed bumps!!!

My Super Duty's **** end is jumping all over the place......being that the Tundra can't handle these very common obstacles either (and the GM fuel door opening up shows how horrible they are)......I have no choice but to buy an F-150.

(another month or two should get me $10,000 in rebates!!!)

Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
about being loyal and how it's a Ford site
Funny how that works

...here on FTE`~

Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Admin
Funny how that works

...here on FTE`~

at Ford vs the competition....

Fixed it for ya Tim.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
I honestly told Vmax that I don't like GM products either. I also told him I thought he had a better argument on why Ford trucks where better, and if I where looking to buy
a truck your arguments on toyota sure would'nt be enough to convince me to buy one.
Truely my 89' F250 w/460 would chew up any toy on the road and she's gettin tierd.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
I honestly told Vmax that I don't like GM products either. I also told him I thought he had a better argument on why Ford trucks where better, and if I where looking to buy
a truck your arguments on toyota sure would'nt be enough to convince me to buy one.
Truely my 89' F250 w/460 would chew up any toy on the road and she's gettin tierd.

Poor horse.....beatin' to death over and over again.

I totally accept the fact that the torsionally stronger frame is more important to YOU.

The problem has always been that you and others discount the attributes that are important to ME

What's funny is you love this bed bounce twisting argument because the Toy gets thumped. Do you have the faintest clue what your F-250 would do over that same course???.....hint; as bad if not worse than the Toy.

And as a previous owner of a mildly built carbed 460 AND an EFI 460 AND a current owner of a V10, none of those trucks hold a candle to the Tundra concerning performance........no need to tell me how that doesn't matter to you......it matters to me.

Lastly, I don't want you to buy a Toy..............heck, even though I think it's the best combo right now, I keep making excuses on not buying one.

I just want Ford to respond and offer ME something that can compete with the Toy on the parameters I deem important.

The lesser, strippy, base gardner trucks will still be available to those that don't think performance is important.

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 06-26-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Side note:

Ford MUST be listening............the factory warrantied Foose/Roush/Saleen trucks are a major step in the right drection.

Lay odds that if a Roush 150 smokes a Tundra, all the sheeple that said "who needs a fast truck" will be jumping up and down saying how great the Ford is.......

I know I will be happy

Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Do you have the faintest clue what your F-250 would do over that same course???.....hint; as bad if not worse than the Toy.
OKAY you said it.... I am calling you on it, prove it.

That is a BOLD....Load...there

Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Well, I think that FORD already performes to your parameters, your just having a hard time admitting it, face it, I really think your a foreign buying type of nice guy.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Admin
OKAY you said it.... I am calling you on it, prove it.

That is a BOLD....Load...there

Well, have Ken set me up a date at that test track....is it in Phoenix???

The other way I can prove it is by parking my truck in a sloped ditch.....you CANNOT open the tailgate....would that be proof enough???

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Well, I think that FORD already performes to your parameters, your just having a hard time admitting it,.
You can think that all you'd like.....(actually quite impressed that you're even thinking).....and except for the Lightning I recently sold, you'd be wrong.

face it, I really think your a foreign buying type of nice guy.
Says the owner of a Japanese powered and designed Probe....

My track record and current vehicle list proves otherwise.

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 06-26-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster

Why didn't you jump his stuff about touting how much better GM is than Ford???...............After all, the bed bounce video proves it!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
If you must know, if I where to buy foriegn it would be mazda, and I believe mazda
took the disign cues from ford to help them get back into it and ford helped them out by also useing there motor,( my view mazda power train much better than toyota.)
I also would never buy a GM product of any kind, not even if they where all there was
think there built worse than toy's, but we were'nt talkin Ford vs GM, but rather Ford
vs Toyota.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
If you must know, if I where to buy foriegn it would be mazda, and I believe mazda
took the disign cues from ford to help them get back into it and ford helped them out by also useing there motor,( my view mazda power train much better than toyota.)
I also would never buy a GM product of any kind, not even if they where all there was
think there built worse than toy's, but we were'nt talkin Ford vs GM, but rather Ford
vs Toyota.
You have much to learn about who's who in the auto business...Mazda took design cues from Ford???? That's actually laughable.

Ford's MAIN reason for partnering up with Mazda was for their small motors/cars...so you are semi-correct in that statement.

Mazda powertrain vs Toy powertrain?? You are entitled to your views but history/reputation would prove you incorrect.

If you must know, I actually would put a Mazdaspeed 3 at the top of my list if I were in that market.......also like the Mazdaspeed 6 but the V6 Camry actually has more HP and is a tad more refined. (and the Fusion, when it comes with the Lincoln's/Edge 3.5, may actually shoot right up to the top...I hope)

You are correct; WE weren't talking GM vs Ford but your demi-god was. Why didn't he buy a Ford???

Useless trivia time:

What car was the Probe slated to replace???

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 06-26-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder

Useless trivia time:

What car was the Probe slated to replace???
Oh Oh, I know I know...but I'll wait to see who else knows.

I believe it didn't replace it because it pissed so many people off...

Tim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bed Bounce - Ford,Chevy and the yotas