Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Bed Bounce - Ford,Chevy and the yotas

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vmax2007
Wow, did you finish 2nd grade? Who's wife did I insult?

"Go get a Tundra, good thing your wife doesn't think size matters huh?"

Delusional are we?

Post 55 in response to DOHC.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Vmax2007
Senior User
Would you please STOP F'ing twisting my words up!!!

Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
The only one looking like an idiot is the one who contstanly name calls and cannot admit that other peoples' criteria may not match his.

Doubts sources when they don't go his way.

C&D is hardly a credible source, just like any other magazine, including Motor Trend, do you hear me bragging about the MT Truck of the Year Award?

Thinks 60 pounds is some great MPG saving world beater when the PROOF shows the smaller more powerful motor is more efficient.

What part of "Significant? NO!!" didn't you understand?

And I still haven't seen this so-called PROOF yet. I would ask you what you get with yours, but YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!!!

Isn't being quieter an important criteria for you?? Or only the subjective things you cannot prove are...(like ride quality)

Did I say Quietness wasn't important to me? Again, another instance of putting words in my mouth.

I don't have to re-read your self-serving posts.....the top F-150 (in a long bed reg. cab) has a higher payload than a LOT of Duper Duties at over 3,000 pounds. You cannot grasp the fact that it isn't that earth shattering to have boxed rails or not...it's your only perceived advantage and you are looking the fool beating it to death.

Duper Duties huh? Is that the name of the next Super Duper Tundra? And what's your point? The F150 HAS fully boxed rails, seems you just supported my argument there.

Maybe I will buy a Tundra.....what difference does it make. I hope Ford answers the challenge....why does this bother you so much.

Bother me? LMAO, why would it bother me? buy 2 of them for all I care.

You need data to know that 14" rotors with 4 piston calipers are better than smaller rotors and 2 piston calipers ?(or maybe 1 piston, I'm not sure) Stubborn is too kind of a word for you.....I guess when Ford goes to the 14" Brembos on the Shelby (which I installed on my GT BTW) they were wasting their resources...

All I ask is for PROOF, since that is what you are asking of my claims. Or is a double standard ok for Toyoyo fanboys?

Seriously, you are clueless.....if the Toy has an advantage it is either from a bad source, or YOU don't need it. When your GM has an advantage it's world stopping.

Oh, how original.

Besides calling names because you know you're wrong, besides knowing that you would cheat to get warranty work done, besides lieing (Nice spelling) about being done with this debate and still coming back to get beat down....you may be an OK guy.
Me getting beat down? Maybe we should take a vote?

Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Well I'm done.....

You win Vmax, while the rest of us will have a life to get back to this weekend you can continue to slither around craving the attention you so desire.

Have a good weekend and all the best in your revolt against Maurader and myself.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Vmax2007
Senior User
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Well I'm done.....

You win Vmax, while the rest of us will have a life to get back to this weekend you can continue to slither around craving the attention you so desire.

Have a good weekend and all the best in your revolt against Maurader and myself.

You have a great weekend too, I will be out on the river on my boat all weekend. Is that a life?

Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Vmax2007
Senior User
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
"Go get a Tundra, good thing your wife doesn't think size matters huh?"

Delusional are we?

Post 55 in response to DOHC.
Um, newsflash!! That rip was on DOHC, not his wife!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Why in the world would a magazine need to farb MPG numbers????
The fact remains your idiotic MPG claim holds no water concerning frames....get over it already.

The point about the quiteness for the comprehension impaired is it's as relevant as the ignorant "ride quality" BS being strewn here.

Again, since you cannot grasp it, the SD has a C-channel and gets along just fine, the Tundra will manage......I realize now no reasoning in the world will make sense to someone like you.

Why would Ford upgrade the Mustangs to bigger brakes for the Shelby version if it didn't make a difference..........why do you just argue for the sake of argument??

Take a vote on a Ford site concerning the Tundra??? Another incredibly intelligent statement.

Why don't we go to a Tundra site for the same vote.....can you possibly grasp how ignorant that would be...............doubt it.

You caught a spelling error???? Wanna cookie??

The only reason I point out your many errors is because you gave someone else a hard time......hypocrite comes to mind for sure.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Wow, did you finish 2nd grade? Who's wife did I insult?

BTW, it's "whose".......

Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is so much fun, I love these threads...

Tim

Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't love these threads.... going to be some LONG time outs if the personal insults continue....
You guys have been going at it long enough; hope you understand I am serious.

Last edited by IB Tim; 06-08-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
tacotruck
New User
Would you please STOP F'ing twisting my words up!!!
Nobody's twisting your words up.

You've come on a Ford forum to start a fight between GM and Toyota. It's the wrong place. And furthermore your logic process is so deeply flawed that it's honestly not clear if you are a troll intentionally trying to annoy people, or if you are completely incapable of understanding the conversation. It's not consistent with the curious and scientific thought process that people typically associate with an Engineer.

You spent months on the toyota forum at edmunds attacking the tundra and the people there who were trying to learn about that truck when it came out, and you were banned multiple times. It is beyond comprehension why you choose to go into someone else home and start a fight. Now you've brought that joy here.

Are you seeing a pattern in how people react to you?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Scott you have mail.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Technically this is the ford VS the competiton forum, so this is the right place to bring up any brand versus a ford!

Some of this crap cracks me up too though!

I love my fords, and am a little biased with my opinions on them, but I can respect that other brands have there good and bad points too. At the same time I would throw my SD up against anything!

Point is, you guys gotta keep it civil!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
DonJames
Senior User
...Tundra's manual specifically states that ANY trailer over 1000 lbs MUST have it's own brakes...
That's no good! So much for boasting about their MASSIVE brakes!

It's interesting to me that the local Bass Pro Shop is advertising the Toy Tundra so much. You can go there to test drive too. They have many displays showing why they 'think' it is better than the F-150. I should pull up to one of their F-150 bashing displays with a large screen tv in the back of my truck and play the You Tube videos about the Tundra vs F-150 frame strength test, bed bounce, bolts...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T-jW-jkFX5U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPfvOPAUIgw

Last edited by DonJames; 06-24-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
I've gotten into some drop-down drag-out debates here but this may take the cake....

Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Would have to say that i'm on Vmax's side, still.
And before the other guy's start calling me names .

Quick Reply: Bed Bounce - Ford,Chevy and the yotas