General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

women advice ( from the 1st date flowers thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Saaaaaluuute Dennis.

This thread smacks of 'How can I make her love me'. Short answer, you can't. For a relationship to last, BOTH people have to wake up every day and choose to spend one more day with the person they're with. The day one person chooses not to, it's over. And there's not a damn thing the other can do about it.

You can follow the advice given in previous posts to try and keep from poisioning the water so to speak. And by all means, do so. It can make for a happier relationship. But you can still do all those things and the other person can still choose to quit you. And it's not because you didn't leave flowers on the pillow or notes in the pantry. It's because the other person is an independant being with their own decisions to make.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM
76F250Gal
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow you guys are so sweet!!!

I was with the last guy I dated for 3 yrs. About a month into the relationship I was on this big Subway kick...there was this sub that I just loved and I craved it all the time. We had plans to go out to my folks' house one night and he knew I wouldn't have time to grab dinner before hand so he stopped and picked up my favorite sub on the way! I was so blown away that he could even remember what I liked and that he had the foresight to do that. He did stuff like that I guess when we first got together. I think the reason some relationships end up so bad is because life happens and things like that disappear. To those of you that say you still do things like this for your wives I commend you!

My parents have the most amazing relationship I've ever seen. They hold hands all the time and pat each other on the butt and do these silly things that it took me a long time to realize that other people don't do a lot. I just thought it was normal but then when half of my friends' parents were getting divorced while I was growing up, it became apparent that it wasn't.

If its meant to be...its meant to be and if its not then it just isn't.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 76supercab2
Saaaaaluuute Dennis.

This thread smacks of 'How can I make her love me'. Short answer, you can't. For a relationship to last, BOTH people have to wake up every day and choose to spend one more day with the person they're with. The day one person chooses not to, it's over. And there's not a damn thing the other can do about it.

You can follow the advice given in previous posts to try and keep from poisioning the water so to speak. And by all means, do so. It can make for a happier relationship. But you can still do all those things and the other person can still choose to quit you. And it's not because you didn't leave flowers on the pillow or notes in the pantry. It's because the other person is an independant being with their own decisions to make.
Exactly.... It takes 2 to make it work and it needs to be 50/50..

It will not last long if the 2 are working 70/30 or 60/40..

I know first hand..

Although it make work if you have a big enough credit limit and let her use it often..

Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer

Although it make work if you have a big enough credit limit and let her use it often..

Oh, thank GAWADUH I don't have THAT problem.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll usually cook breakfast on the weekends while shes still in bed.....

one time i did all her laundry (she only does it about once a month) took me ALL NIGHT

I'll wait for her to fall asleep, then go get some chocolate and flowers

suprise trips to hotel rooms with hottubs are fun too

Old 06-13-2007, 07:33 AM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Hmmmm... Hey Erin your truck looks kinda lonely sitting by itself in the driveway, perhaps it'd like an '07 SD to keep it company?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 AM
76F250Gal
Senior User
Originally Posted by SirHailstone
Hmmmm... Hey Erin your truck looks kinda lonely sitting by itself in the driveway, perhaps it'd like an '07 SD to keep it company?

What are you getting at?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:34 AM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Originally Posted by 76F250Gal
What are you getting at?
Oh nuffin'. Just thinkin' out loud about the one advantage of having the split front bench seat where a nice lookin' gal can sit in the middle while out cruisin' around in a Super Duty ....

Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donjamer
Exactly.... It takes 2 to make it work and it needs to be 50/50..

I know first hand...
So do I ..... I will be married 48 years come next January and I can tell you that "till death do us part" is determined by something that makes both parties willing to take less than 50%.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Dungeon_Master
Posting Guru
Just remember wives only have 1 fault with us men! It's a nasty habit, they would love us to stop. It's the breathing in and out thingy.

So true donjamer it is a 50/50 relationship. but each 50% is equal to a 100% from each. not 50% from each. It'll only crash with less then 90%.

Don't forget that in a couple there is still 2 seporate individuals with differnt views, likes and dislikes..... ect.

Last edited by Dungeon_Master; 06-13-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got this as Email forward... may be it helps. Else it sure does crack you u

Below are the 7 words WOMEN use:-

FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

WHATEVER
It's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
I think i got almost all of those in one argument once

Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Half Breed
Elder User
34 years and counting

My wife and I have been together since she started summer school on 73- we were married in 84. We've had our ups and downs and we argue but we do our best never to go to bed mad even if it means up all night settling the problem. We tell each other many times each day how much we Love each other and mean it. The one other constant is I always open any door we go thru for her and she enters first, I also will always pull her chair out for her at the table. I love her and wouldn't trade for anything. Heck we have just about got each other trained the way we like em. LOL

Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Superdudey
Senior User
ill never get married because oh hells be no im not singing to some woman.

unless its lynard skynard then ill just have to air guitar free bird for her.

BUT NO SINGING.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
I have written a ditty or two. Those work wonders if you are musical. If you suprise her by playing them for the first time in front of her friends you will win some serious points.

Mike