Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

mid america ford meet

Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went out to Hallet on Wednesday evening at hung out for a while. Not much to see or do at that time.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:07 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Mid-america

We did most everything except Hallett. Ran our truck for time trials. I didn't know how it would stick but the pavement in the stage area sure seemed sticky to my shoes. Well all I did the first was put on a smoke show. It even hit the rev limiter as it hit second. My first run was a 17.1. I probably spent 3 seconds on the line. My second run was a 15.6 with a .61 reaction time. I let up on it a first but when I laid down on it again it still broke loose. Oh well, we had a great time and didn't stay for the bracket runs. We went to the Cruise Night and the Banquet as well. We entered the Sunday Show and was in the same class as Alice. I wish it hadn't been that way but I AM SURE PROUD OF THE WINNER PLAQUE FOR THAT CLASS. Never won anything like that before. We had a good time and had a small GTG a Red Lobster after the awards. I will post some pics later for you guys to see what we did. We are looking forward to the July GTG. I might have to bring the plaque just to show it off. Later.

Attached Images   
Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
congrats on winning at the car show I got one of thoses plaques last year glad someone from our group won it again. I'm sorry I missed the whole event but there is always next year.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM
DigDoug1
New User
Originally Posted by ROUSH_STAGE3150
We did most everything except Hallett. Ran our truck for time trials. I didn't know how it would stick but the pavement in the stage area sure seemed sticky to my shoes. Well all I did the first was put on a smoke show. It even hit the rev limiter as it hit second. My first run was a 17.1. I probably spent 3 seconds on the line. My second run was a 15.6 with a .61 reaction time. I let up on it a first but when I laid down on it again it still broke loose. Oh well, we had a great time and didn't stay for the bracket runs. We went to the Cruise Night and the Banquet as well. We entered the Sunday Show and was in the same class as Alice. I wish it hadn't been that way but I AM SURE PROUD OF THE WINNER PLAQUE FOR THAT CLASS. Never won anything like that before. We had a good time and had a small GTG a Red Lobster after the awards. I will post some pics later for you guys to see what we did. We are looking forward to the July GTG. I might have to bring the plaque just to show it off. Later.
Haven't been on in a few weeks...congrats on the win. I was runner up, I was in the black NASCAR truck parked a couple spots down from you...I was beside the ranchero. Is this your first year coming to the event? I've started going in '89 or '90 and haven't missed a year.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Talking First Event

Yes digdoug1 it was our first year to attend as a participant. We had been to the show before as a spectator. We really had a great time. I did think you would win our group due to the age of your truck. You know, ours being so new I thought it probably wouldn't impress them much. Soooo, we were very excited about getting the win. You sure have kept your truck looking good for the year it is. How much do you drive it? How many miles is on it? Thanks again for the congrats. We will see you again next year if not sooner. Our group seems to be having get togethers a little more often. You should keep in touch here so you could make our next one. We usually meet at a resturant or one of our houses for some food, refreshments and visitations. I'm sure everyone would like to see your truck and visit with you. Just keep checking in here to see when we schedule another GTG. See ya Later.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
DigDoug1
New User
I'd like to meet up sometime...I have had 3 gen one lightnings in the past and hung out with those guys and had a lot of fun. I'll keep watching for the next GTG.

Your truck is newer like you said, but it's rare and different, so people like it. It really stands out with the green stripes too.

Thanks for the compliments, My truck isn't too bad...all orginal paint still and over 145K miles. The front bumper kind of needs resprayed from the chips and such, but I'm holding out as long as I can. Won't be too bad since it's just the bumper and no body parts though.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Thumbs up

Yeh, I'm going to check into that clear vinyl/plastic formed front facia covers. I've been asking about them but haven't talked to anyone who actually installs them. I guess you have to order them for your specific vehhicle and they heat form them on. I really don't know for sure but that will probably be the next item we get done on the truck. I already have a couple of little specks on the lower valance. I thought that would be our best protection option. Talk to later. Have a good one.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
STXDriver
Junior User
Any of you guys and gals ever go to Beavers Bend Resort Park down in the Southeasern part of the state?

That's a great place to have a Gtg.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 PM
DigDoug1
New User
I've heard of it but never been there. I used to live in Eufaula in the Southeastern part of the state.