Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

What are your projects?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are your projects?

What are your projects yall are working on?

We have a few going on in our chapter so I was thinking we could share notes and suggestions.

I'm going to get started on a 81 F100 Explorer (pictures in my gallery)

ncfirefighter is working to restore a 73 F100 4X4

PrimerF150 is going to be working on a 51 F1

Artj66 also working 50 F1

Scwidvicious 1965 F100

Old 03-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
There's tons here, I have several truck and non-truck myself.
I have to finish my trailer so I can go pick up two parts trucks to assemble into one towing rig, then drive that while I paint my 70 Galaxie and return it to stock height. I also need to paint the house I'm renting, put a drain in in front of the garage, fix up my Subaru, put a new engine in my wife's Jeep, and get ready for a kid in July. Tons o' fun, and only one of those things is certain.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Rusty49
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 49' F-6 is the main project, but still adding power and look good goodies to the stroke

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I have a 2004 Poineer TT by Fleetwood that has a completely rotton floor and needs a total teardown and rebuild. This time I will seal everything and use 3/4 osb instaed of 3/8 ply. I am going to use r19 in the floor instead of the stupid crap they use(r12 i think). Anyone want to help?
Ill buy beer!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Three years old and rotted out already? I had heard Fleetwoods had water issues, but that's just ridiculous.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:46 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Your telling me! I love the trailer. I stepped inside it last week and almost went through the floor. I called fleetwood and they said sorry you seem to be 7 months past the warrantee. I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.

I am kind of torqued

Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Look at this if you get a chance

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/martystowrig/

Last edited by MARTYSTOWRIG; 05-18-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I cant get nothing right
Old 05-19-2007, 01:40 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.
Ouch. That took some time to get over grown. Hopefully you have all your paperwork from your original purchase and all work order reciepts. Trust me it will help if you decide talk with an attorney. I would come help, but I'm trying to get my camper cleaned up and resealed. June is going to be an extremely busy month.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Your telling me! I love the trailer. I stepped inside it last week and almost went through the floor. I called fleetwood and they said sorry you seem to be 7 months past the warrantee. I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.

I am kind of torqued
Legally, they are responsible if you can show that the issue is a continuation of a problem that was initially addressed during the warranty period and not properly rectified.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:01 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I feel the same way. I have to give them the oppertunity to rectify the situation first though. Then if they say it is not their fault(and they cannot prove it) I will get a lawyer and have it taken care of that way. I just know that it will probably cost as much as just paying for it to be done though.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:53 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
I am working on my 72 F250. I will be putting a steering box in this weekend and rehanging a fender. I hope to have it fired up by monday.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 AM
e9tac
Junior User
I just finished a couple of my front end projects; scrape, rustproof, and undercoat frame and shock tower; full polyurethane bushing install, radius arm, axle pivot, and sway bar; Eibach lowering springs; Tokico shocks.

Tomorrow I'll start on the new slotted/drilled rotors. Then on to the back of the truck for the same treatment as the front.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Working on the old truck...no mods i just want to get it running good again.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
brentleedragon
Elder User
i have my 79 f150 that is my daily driver on top of my restore project !

Old 05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Just got a new project from work...Dodge Ram350 Van. Talk about workers not caring about company vans! Got it running much better by putting in a fuel filter, cleaned the lubricationg tar out of the system, then made the mistake of flushing the cooling system....Once I cleaned out the rust sealant, I ended up putting in a new radiator!...LOL