Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

May GTG

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May GTG

Sorry that I've been a bit slow this month guys...

So who's ready for another KC area meet n greet?

I'm thinking Saturday the 19th, or Sunday the 20th...depending on what works best for everyone interested.

Post up and let me know what YOU think.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
wyazel1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where at? I'd like to come check out some of you guys trucks, especially the 73-79 those are my favorites. Hopefully no one will laugh at my ol truck I havent even started the body yet but I do got it running great and Ive been having fun with it in the mud lol.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
So far no takers.

That would be 10 hours of driving in one day for me even if it was on Sunday. I can't sorry.

I hope to get a report on what happens and who attends though.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Brian, you know we'll post pics...I'm good at that now. And I don't expect you drive all the way to KC for a meet...but I'll do my best to sucker, bribe, or just generally cajole you into making the state meet in Waynesville.

wyazel1- I haven't decided yet...generally, Hooters is always good to us. They've got cold beer, hot food if ya want, and some interesting...um...scenery.

And I drive a 79 F150 4x4...see my avatar.

I think I read somewhere that you're up by the airport...and there's another member or two up that way that I'm going to try to track down. You guys got a Hooters up there? If not, Independence isn't THAT far from you.

Anybody else???

Old 05-11-2007, 07:49 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Can't

Same deal here. We moved from Blue Springs last october, but Ozark's a pretty good trot too. Hoping to be in Branson the 29th ? of September though. Been really busy on the 79, still can't get my picutres on. Not much of a computer person.
Bob

Old 05-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Where is Waynesville? Never heard of it.

I hope to be in Branson in July for the Ozarks Run. I hve my dialsysis schedule changed that week. I have to do that about 3 months in advance.

It will be a blast. I know Branson is not near you though.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by slmann
2007 Missouri chapter meet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our 2007 chapter meet will be held in Waynesville, Missouri during the Paw Paw days celebration. There is plenty to do for everyone so bring the family. There is also plenty of food vendors. Here is the info.

Date: Saturday, September 29
Time: 8am - ?????
( vloney has said they start setting up at 8-8:30 but the event doesn't actually start until 10:00 am. Feel free to come and go as you please.)

This will be our big meet of the year and I would like everyone to try and attend. We all have time to make arrangements to be there.

I will be updating this thread as things move along. We have a few things in the works and when they are finalized I will let you know.
Waynesville is off of 44 somewhere...just east of Springfield, I think...I'll go look...

Old 05-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Ah...Saturday. It is one of those "will see" deals.

I will find out how I do being off of dialysis for three days in a row at the "Ozarks Run" in mid July.

If I do ok, I can probably get them to change my days one more time this fall. That would give them 2 1/2 months notice. We will see. Keep me updated though.

If I don't do well in July...it ain't gonna happen.

I looked. It is 161.56 miles from here. 3 hours 13 minutes if mapquest is close. I would go up through West Plains and hit (????) heading north. Then back down 44.

I just subscribed. It said not to post unless you were sure.

Last edited by Brian_B; 05-11-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Critter92X
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tcbofade
Waynesville is off of 44 somewhere...just east of Springfield, I think...I'll go look...
It's just out of Ft. Wood army base.Somewhere around the 150 mile marker on I-44.There is a nice park there,a big spring that runs into Rubidoux Creek.I was born in Waynesville,I didn't know about the get-together there I will look forward to it.It is about a 2 hour drive for me but I have kids that live within 20 minutes of there and I get down there pretty often.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Critter92X
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Brian_B

I looked. It is 161.56 miles from here. 3 hours 13 minutes if mapquest is close. I would go up through West Plains and hit (????) heading north. Then back down 44.

From Mtn.Home to Waynesville I would think the best route would be Hwy 5 north all the way to Lebanon,then I-44 east about 25 miles.Hwy 5 is a fairly good road all the way once you get to Gainesville,Mo.

I wouldn't suggest going through West Plains,from there hwy 17 it is pretty crooked.

Last edited by Critter92X; 05-11-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Ohh...that would work. I have not been up 5 all the way to lebanon. We usually turn at mansfield and go to Springfield on 60.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any time you guys need exact directions to Paw-Paw days in Waynesville the 29th of sept, just pm me, I'll help. We just had frog fest (it was a blast!) It is very family friendly as well.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Getting to waynesville doesn't look to be a problem now that I know which way to go from here.

If I am able to attend (who knows), I will PM you for directions later. Thanks.

As far as frog fest: Did you take pics of the "frog" rock? Also, was there really amish people making ice cream? I heard that rumor, but you never know. LOL

Old 05-11-2007, 07:39 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian_B
Getting to waynesville doesn't look to be a problem now that I know which way to go from here.

If I am able to attend (who knows), I will PM you for directions later. Thanks.

As far as frog fest: Did you take pics of the "frog" rock? Also, was there really amish people making ice cream? I heard that rumor, but you never know. LOL
The frog rock came into being when they widened the road on the hill. After blasting the cliff that was there, there was a rock outcropping that resembled a frog. Rather than remove it fully, they left it, then painted it to look even more like a frog. The frog fest was saturday and sunday. The Amish steam powered ice cream maker was only there saturday (I had to work-My week for saturday service).

Old 05-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Actually, I saw a picture of the "frog" online somewhere. Somone linked it at one point. Steam powered ice cream maker? That would be interesting to see. LOL

Oh...I looked at coming up through lebanon to waynesville. It is 148 miles and looks like a better road on top of that. Cool.

Quick Reply: May GTG