Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

can someone help me out with this smell!!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:06 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question can someone help me out with this smell!!

Ok I have a 99 F250 Lariat leather Ex cab.
My wife spilled a Latte on the center counsole. It is the kind that flips up to make room for the center seat. Anyway this was spilled in December and smells awfull. I have cleaned all the leather, cleaned the inside and used Lysole frebreez and other cleaners inside it to no avail. I think maybe the drink went inbetween the leather and cushion. Can anyone tell me how to take the damn thing apart or how to get rid of the smell??? i will post this in a couple of places since I do not know where to post it.

Thanks
Marty

Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Not without removing/cutting the upholstery maybe. If you haven't already, and can force a rag down in there, try "Quick 'n Brite" cleaner. It disappeared the coffee-sugar-cream spilled in my front seat fabric upholstery.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:39 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Ok I have a 99 F250 Lariat leather Ex cab.
My wife spilled a Latte on the center counsole. It is the kind that flips up to make room for the center seat. Anyway this was spilled in December and smells awfull. I have cleaned all the leather, cleaned the inside and used Lysole frebreez and other cleaners inside it to no avail. I think maybe the drink went inbetween the leather and cushion. Can anyone tell me how to take the damn thing apart or how to get rid of the smell??? i will post this in a couple of places since I do not know where to post it.

Thanks
Marty
Try the 97-2003 forums.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
malcolmm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the carpet under the seat. 9 times out of 10 that is where the stuff that did not get cleans is hiding. Is that seat a 40-20-40 or 40-60 split? If it is on the carpet then every time you run the truck it will get hot and smell worse, I bet with running the heater this last winter was brutal. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Talking

Originally Posted by malcolmm
Check the carpet under the seat. 9 times out of 10 that is where the stuff that did not get cleans is hiding. Is that seat a 40-20-40 or 40-60 split? If it is on the carpet then every time you run the truck it will get hot and smell worse, I bet with running the heater this last winter was brutal. Good luck.
You got that right bud ...We used to play jokes on each other by putting them little creamers underneath the seats with slits...It would get up tp 100 in the vehicle and start stinking like 'crap'. If they spilt, it was heck to get rid of the smell....Damn, we were mean!.

If the smell was real bad, you had to yank the seats and wash the carpet or upholstry.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:35 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
You can only smell it when you open the consoul. It is a 40 20 40

Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Try spilling something down there that smells good to overcome the bad smell???
or use bleach real carefully.

Search this Thread