1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ksmith203 hang in there buddy!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad is in the VA hospital in the ICU and has been for the past 16 days. I can not even imagine what you are going through right now. You and your family are in my prayers. I only wish I lived closer so I could give you the help you need on your truck to get it finished. God be with you in your time of need. God Bless. .............RUSTY

Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
joes52f6
Senior User
Sorry about your loss Ksmith. I lost my dad 6 years ago it's a hard time to get through, but just be thankfull of the the last few weeks you guys got to spend together. We will be praying for you buddy. JOE

Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Showpanther
Senior User
So sorry to here about your dad. It leaves a void in your life that is so very hard to fill. I hope I and all of your FTE family can help fill that void.
Donnie

Old 05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
stewards68
Senior User
There's just nothing to say that'll make it better, and we all know that. Do know that all of us are thinking of you and your family. You've impressed us all with your ambition and willingness to help others out. You're a great guy and we love you, Man!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Brian's 48
Senior User
Kevin, so sorry to hear of your fathers passing,I hope you can use his strength and memories to carry on.
Brian

Old 05-02-2007, 09:35 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,597 Likes on 1,443 Posts
Kevin, I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad! You and your family are in my prayers. I rarely talk to my wife about the guys on FTE, but I told her about what I just read and she too is so sad for you. If I remember correctly, your Dad painted your truck. As other guys have said you have that to remeber your Dad, everytime you drive your truck. I have a 200 year old Grandfather's clock that my Dad bought in 1963. It keeps perfect time. I wind it every Sunday morning before church. It gives a few moments to think about my Dad who died 2 years ago in July. I can touch the key he used when I wind the clock, I touch the hands that he touched. I know your truck will help you in your grieving process and help you remember the good times you guys had.

You've been around FTE for only a short time, but you are a big part of our "family". I just logged on about 10:00 Wed night and look how many guys have written to you as if they were your good friend! Hang in there, copy these words from your FTE friends and look at them whenever you need to, and trust God will help you.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,340 Likes on 1,102 Posts
I`m so sorry for your loss and you`re right, words are hard to come to expess the many thoughts at a time like this.
Those of us that have lost our fathers are thinking and sharing this time with you.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Campbell 56
Senior User
My thoughts are with you

Kevin,
I don't know you, but it doesn't matter. I know what you must be going through. After my dad passed away 10 years ago I was devistated, but I was surrounded by family that loved eachother and we got through it together. When my mom sold the house moved for financial reasons I got his tools (the ones that I wanted that is) and now use them almost every day. They are the things that remind me of my Dad who was always in the garage, orchard or somewhere messing around with something. I miss having him here and now and am waiting until we are together again.

This life is all "One day at a time".
Craig

Last edited by Campbell 56; 05-02-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 PM
56efffie
Elder User
Kevin, My wife and I prayers go out to you and your family. I know what you are going through, I lost my dad tragically 6 years ago. We were very close and had only big plans of restoring the 56, we never got to work on it together but I know he is by my side every step of the way smiling. I think it is awesome that you are going to make the Nats Keep on trucking man

Old 05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mother a little over a year ago. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Deepest condolences Kevin ~ Losing a loved one is never easy, even if you do know it's coming. We're all here pullin' for you...

Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
dylan1952
Senior User
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's very,very tough losing your Dad suddenly. But always remember, your Dad was having fun helping you and the two of you were having good times together. He could have been in a hospital or assisted care home and hating it but apparently the Good Lord said make it quick. I'm sure your Dad would say keep going I'm doing great. Hang in there!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:15 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Thanks to everyone for the words of kindness and encouragement. I find it difficult at times, and other times I think of how he would have be bitching at me for the way I was doing something. I just came in from my truck. I have the front all wired including engine, coil, headlights, marker lights and turn signals. I have the new 12 volt bulbs in the left, right, and high beam indicators. Wires are ran to all three. I also got the low and high beam switch wired and put in. I have all the wires marked and ready for the ignition switch. I figured out the headlight switch as well. I marked the wires with tape so I would not forget where they go by morning. I need to know where to get the runtz 12 to 6 volt converter for the guages themselves though. I also need to know how you ran the wire for the fuel sending unit back to the tank.

I talked to my sandblaster. He started on the wrecker body today. Walford56 is coming down tomorrow to bring some parts to me. We will go have a look see. He needs the brake booster off of the truck as well.

Thanks to everyone on here for the kind words, you have made it much easier on me.

Srewrd68 I figured out to can the circuit breakers as well. It took some time, but I finally figured it out. Thanks for the help. I should finish it tomorrow and take it down to muffler shop on Friday.

As far as the truck stalling out. I looked at where the fuel lines was routed compared to where the exhaust manifold was pointing, and I am almost positive it was from the heat from the exhaust causing vapor lock.

Well, I am very tired as I did not sleep last night. I will try again shortly. I will be posting this post in the thread about another question as well.

Good night all and God Bless

Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
kevin,

Words can not convey out deepest thoughts. We our so sorry for your loss. As some of the guys have stated, their memories with their dads are profound.
My dad and I were Vol firemen together. He was 3rd generation ,same department. Not a day goes by that he is not in my every thought. Sometimes, the dreams are in color and are like mini visits. You will be in our prayers. We have a great family

JimG

Old 05-03-2007, 06:44 AM
f250red
Senior User
Kevin sorry to hear about your loss,my dad got me wrenching 50 some years ago.Try to honor him by living up to his code of ethics and moral values.that generation had pride in workmanship.When we look at our trucks and say,they don't make them like that anymore,the country that made them is not here anymore,sad.
hang in there RED

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ksmith203 hang in there buddy!!!!