Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ksmith203 hang in there buddy!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM
rhopper
Posting Guru
rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.
Sorry for your loss, I lost my dad 17 years ago. One reason I love my 48 so much is dad had a 49 when I was a kid, sure wish dad was here to see mine. Make sure you have some little memento to him in the truck to remind you he's always with you. -Rusty

Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM
fatfords
Elder User
fatfords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kevin,
You and your family are in my prayers. You have made lots of memories with your father that you can reflect on in the future. It is nice that you were able to share common interests together. I would imagine that the truck will be a permanent part of your family. My Dad found the '56 I am working on now and I feel like he's there whenever I get to work on it.
God Bless you and your family,
Kent

Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Huntsman
Posting Guru
Huntsman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Our prayers are with you and your family Kevin, very sorry to hear this.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM
vintage56
Elder User
vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think about the trials that Job went thru - losing his riches, his health, his children and spouse. The Bible talks about how his friends came while he sat in the ashes tending his unrelievable sores. They said nothing, just sat. Sometimes, there's nothing that can be said to offer any consolation. Rather, just being there is the greatest service that can be offered. So, like the true friends that Job had.

we're here for you, Kevin

Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Kev,
Words cant be said for how I feel for you and yours. I went down this same road 4 years ago. My dad passed feb 12 2003 and as hard as it was I still made the trip to the supernats. It was so hard and it will be for a long time. Everywhere you look you see something that reminds you of a time, moment, experience, fun, you get the idea.

This sounds stupid and at the time it really used to pee me off. My dad would come down everyday either while I was working. Everythime he would lock up shop he would forget to turn off the lights.

I would give anything for the lights to be on again!

I havent cried for a long time, but right now I have to go.

Kevin Bigwin

Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
272VeeAte
Junior User
272VeeAte is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am so sorry. My dad doesn't have a very big spot in my life, my grandpa is that person for me, and if I lost him, it would be the worse thing that could happen. You will get through this, but never forget him. (Though it sounds like it would be hard to even if you tried.)

Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
dennisb56
Posting Guru
dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kevin,
I am so sorry to read this terrible news. Take some heart in the fact that you guys were working together so recently on your truck and the time and happiness you had so recently together. I would give anything for one more day with my Dad. He died 35 years ago when I was 15. I often think of him when I am working on my truck and think of the fun we would have doing it together. You had that fun so rejoice in that.

Take care,
Dennis

Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
ksmith203 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I know with the help of family and friends such as the ones on FTE I will overcome. Walford was right, I will not sleep until I am sure to make it to Nats this year. Even if the truck has some problems, I will be there.

People on here have helped me make the transition from my dad helping me two weeks ago to finding of his death yesterday as confortable as possible. Words are hard to come by right now, but I do thank you, it means a lot.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to all
Kevin, hang in there. If you need any support at all, don't hesitate to ask. I just wish I was closer, then I could help to make sure the truck would be ready for the Nats.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
ksmith203 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Getting together at Nat will sure make me feel better. Friends at a time like this are very important. The people like you here on FTE has made this tragedy easier on me.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Nuthin is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's what friends are for. You're gonna need 'em, too... every time I look at my truck, I think of MY dad and miss him. Time will take the edge off missing them so much but I don't think it ever goes away. I'm not sure we'd want it to.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
cal401
Senior User
cal401 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kevin,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad to cancer in 2000 and I know how much it hurts. Your fond memories of your Dad will help you get through this. I find it helpful to remember that time when I was a little fella and he was this hugh, seemingly all powerful being that could do anything, fix anything, knew everything...

Cal

Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
1949f1
Elder User
1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.
kevin,i lost my dad on feb 8th 2003,we were very close like you was with your dad.you are in my prayer's.if you need to ever talk you have my number.he is the reason i have my 49f1.he had a 50 f1 when i was a kidd and we redone it.mine will look just like his,but with the 302 and dis'c brake's.you are not alone,we are here for you.tracy

Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Wensum Valley Rods
New User
Wensum Valley Rods is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kevin, you hang on in there mate. I like everyone else am truly stunned by this devastating news. My heart goes out to you.
I am sure that the guys on here will help you in anyway possible to make sure that the truck is ready for the nats. Like you have posted , its times like this that you really need your friends, and I'm sure that if you need help then these guys and gals will be only too glad to help out. I wish I was your side of the pond , because I would willingly help out to make sure you make it. (Dont struggle on your own, you call out. I am sure that you will get help).
You make sure that you take the truck to the nats Kevin, and honour your father. I am sure it is exactly what he would want. It was his dream too after all.
Go show off his handywork , and feel rightfully proud of what you both have achieved.
Take care mate, Paul.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Sorry to hear this. My dad's brother was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago. He passed 2 weeks ago. Even 2 1/2 months doesn't seem like enough time. But time will heal. I will be praying for ya.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ksmith203 hang in there buddy!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.