1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48 f2 lowering the rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
FLUSHED UP
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48 f2 lowering the rear

I mannaged to get the rear springs out today and didn't loose any DNA I read the artical on removeing every other leaf to lower the rear by removeing only 3 leafs. My F2 has 12 leafs how many can I take out and do you start with the smallest or the next one? I am also gettig some lowered shackles.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:18 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For F-1 springs you keep the shortest and take out #2, #4, and #6. I suppose with the F-2 you could take out #8 and #10 too. If you do not plan to carry anything heavy in the bed...maybe even more. The minimum number of leaves left should be about four. My F-3 had 13 but I used different springs.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,790 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Originally Posted by FLUSHED UP
I mannaged to get the rear springs out today and didn't loose any DNA
What?!?! thats just not right, the spring gods will be pissed. Who knows what vengance they will exact. You better hustle back out to the shop and make an offering.

Go out to your frame, double your fists up and start dragging your knuckles around the rustiest, crustiest piece you can find (you don't have to go all the way down to the bone here, just enough to get some good drippings on the truck) maybe that will placate them and you won't have to pack your eyes full of sand and crud.

I'm glad you were able to get them out without too much hassle. I have no clue as to how many to remove, I'd say leave the first and remove every other and see where it leaves you.

Have fun
Bobby