Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

NE Texas Get Together: PICTURES and Report

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NE Texas Get Together: PICTURES and Report

Well...today was the day. Four of us made it, myself, johntucker09, CrazySpyder69, and his fiance. We had a pretty good time if I may say so myself. I'll give ya'll the rundown of what happened and what ya'll all missed.

I was the first person there, got there about 11:20 or so. We had some minor issues with directions, but by 11:30 everyone was there. A quick run back to town to get some last minute things, and then we were set to cook.

For those of you who didn't experience the wind today in NE Texas, it made things fun. We had all kinds of entertainment getting the grille going, but long story short, if you give Jesse (CrazySpyder69) enough lighter fluid and bank deposit slips, he can get it going.

We sat around and talked and ate, good times, fun conversations. Dang good food too. After that we walked around and looked at each other's trucks, comparing and contrasting, talking about the adventures of changing plugs on the 2.5L Ranger and 4.6L F-150. I love my 4.0L more and more now. Then we set out on the next activity, fishing. That was a good time, though the fish were not real active (ok...they weren't active at all).

By about 2:30, we got a few pictures of us all.

John had to leave and head back home, so Jesse, his fiance, and myself went to a local place called the "Oasis" to check it out. A great resteraunt also featuring entertainment in the form of karp which are extremely happy to eat bread.

That concluded the get together as a whole, I believe we all had a good time, and are looking forward to the next time.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:09 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-21-2007, 10:52 PM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
I had a good time. Looking forward to the next meet. One thing I was bummed about was not having enough time to wash my truck.

I got a chuckel about the lighter fluid comment by Zack. Hell if you give anything enough fuel its bound to catch fire sooner or later.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
In John's picture you can see Jesse using my camera to take a picture of the sailboats.

I didn't realize 'til I got home that I had actually gotten you holding both lighter fluid bottles, that pretty much shows exactly how we do things in NE Texas.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:08 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am sorry I had to miss it, but didn't want to make that loooong drive again. Count me in for the next one.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Can't wait Dono, we were all hopin' you'd just appear, but I for one look forward to the next time when you can be there.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Sorry I didn't make it Hell my evening "date" got blew out too damnit women.. Holler at me on the next one.. Hopefully I can swing it and get up there.. I don't know bout next sat, I'll have to check my schedule.. But for sure we gonna do this again.. Hell if it's just us

Looks like Ya'll had fun... I don't think my trucks woulda fit in ya'll picture ;-) LOL

Old 04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
We coulda used your truck to drag away the Dodge van that was parked next to us...

Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
hey now, mine truck could have done that just fine...its just that no one asked...the dodge wasn't as annoying as the exploder that pulled up with the stereo cranked up all of the way...

Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
Great Location it looks like !!!!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
Looks like fun. Maybe we can figure out a spot in the middle and more equally convenient for everyone next time. I was tempted to head up but it sounded kinda sketchy to be honest.

Dodge van next to you...we had a Tahoe in the middle at the CenTex get together! At least it was parked facing the other way.

My weekends are pretty full for the next month or so, but we need to make a new thread on getting everyone (I'd like to see 20 trucks) together soon.

Heck, maybe even make it more than a couple hours if possible. I'd like to have a couple beers with a few of you...

Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Yep the whole thing went by quite quickly it seemed, so longer is better in my opinion.

Originally Posted by johntucker09
the exploder that pulled up with the stereo cranked up all of the way...
I missed that, when was it, when I had to go back to town?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
johntucker09
Elder User
no, it was when we took the pic of the 3 of us...she turned it off after a minute or so...

Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Shows you how much attention I paid to everything else. I guess I was too busy cleaning up.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
I didn't realize 'til I got home that I had actually gotten you holding both lighter fluid bottles, that pretty much shows exactly how we do things in NE Texas.
To everyone else, what you don't see in that pic, is me on standby with a fire extinguisher...guy was like Tim Allen...more lighter fluid arg arg arg

Quick Reply: NE Texas Get Together: PICTURES and Report