1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you guys done with your Broncos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 07:53 PM
cgl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-29-2001, 08:09 PM
Pmpmrderrr
Freshman User

It is simple Ford is the best.

Hey, I would like to know what you guys have done with your Broncos.

I have 1995 Ford Eb Bronco 351w all stock, cherry red 2 tone, chrome brush guard, premium wheels, leather and brand new BFGoodrich All Terran tires. I use to detail cars and trucks when I was in high school so it is in very good shape. I had to get it repainted last year due to my bro keyed it, he got sent off to mexico in boarding school so no biggie my insurance picked it up. I never knew paint jobs could cost at much as your car until last year.

Tell me what you guys done with your Broncos.

Old 11-30-2001, 02:10 PM
honney
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Nov-01 AT 03:10 PM (EST)]Lifted, locked, axles swapped, cut the sheetmetal, lots 'o paint scratches and dents. I wouldn't notice if someone keyed it LOL!

Old 11-30-2001, 02:41 PM
CrmScntst
Junior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Nov-01 AT 03:42 PM (EST)]1979 Ranger XLT Blue/White tutone
Stock w/ 33's, warn winch in custom mount, needs a repaint and one new quarter.

soon 4" or 6" lift, 35" mt, rebuild 351 to 400, rear locker to replace limited slip, and custom roll cage.
chuck

Old 11-30-2001, 09:50 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1990 XLT, 351 auto, 99k. I just want to have everything in the truck working at one time, I have it down to needing a new dashboard switch for the rear window. Knock on wood...

Old 12-01-2001, 09:29 AM
sweetpea
Freshman User
Post What have you guys done with your Broncos?

95 XLT. 351/auto. Fully loaded with leather. Sony stereo with CD. White and grey. 105K and runs like a Bronco should, smoooth! Temp gauge doesn't work but that'll be taken care of soon. I don't get very good mileage but then...if you want the big toys, you gots to be able to afford them.:-)

Old 12-01-2001, 11:18 AM
luxury 4x4
Senior User

1990 E bauer stock w/351 (not stock for long) but the body
is almost mint,interior mint new bf's only 31's
The 351 is brand new ford crate w/warranty-------Kick #####
Only put 3800 miles on new motor so far but ohio winter is on it's
way! 4x4 all the way
Plus it has a sony/Jbl stereo system valued @ 900.00 that sounds
excelent! I will have my bronco until I or it croaks and then
some Jeff.

Old 12-01-2001, 12:57 PM
tite4x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Dec-01 AT 01:59 PM (EST)]Currenttly have 90 Bronco EB.
Well, the list is long and I am probably not finished yet.

1) Had the rear-end 8.8" custom built = Eaton posi diff, Dutchman motor sport axles, had the brackets cut off with the ford 9" brackets welded on and rotors & Calipers mounted on, & 4.10 gear ratio.
2) The front diff. rebuilt with 4.10 ratio & limited slip.
3) Replaced the auto locking hubs with Warn Premium manual lock hubs.
4) 4" superlift suspension lift with the super runner steering kit. 5) 33x12.5 Yokohama tires mounted on 15x10 American Eagle rims.
6) Flow master with dual out with stainless steel tips routed to behind both wheels.
7) Extreme air compressor with 2.5 gallon air tank. Had to add radiator overflow expansion tank next to radiator, the air compressor I had mounted in same place where the stock resivour for windsheild washer & overflow tank used to be
8) Shaved off the key lock Cylinders on doors, but left handles, added complete keyless entry and add one touch up & down for all 3 windows that I could control with remote.
9) Replaced the master cylinder with one from a one ton truck.
10) I currently have the Bronco at the tranny shop having the tranny rebuilt, ouch, not cheap. Should be out Monday or Tuesday.

But over all it looks, runs, & handles great. I have already had several people ask if I wanted to sell it. I just tell them 'Na I'm haveing too much fun with my toy'
There are probably 1 or 2 items that I left out, but I'm not finished with it either. I am planning on getting a winch & nerf bars(runnuning boards)& maybe a few other items.

Old 12-01-2001, 10:03 PM
restorit
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my '85 (302 EFI, T-18 4-speed):

Body and Frame: Fully restored, changed color from Wimbledon White to '97 Ford Performance White. Installed black/chrome '89 Bronco bodyside mouldings. Top and bottomside of floor pans sanded, finished with POR-15, primed, topcoated. Frame sanded, finished w/ POR-15, primed, topcoated. Body mount bushings replaced w/ polyurethane. Fuel tank removed, exterior sanded, finished w/ POR-15, primed, topcoated, reinstalled w/ new pump, sender. New windshield, rear step bumper, and receiver hitch installed.

Interior: XLT dash panels installed. Factory tach installed. New carpet and speakers installed. Roll bar installed. 12 CD changer installed in center console. New visors and door panels installed. Dash and all other trim refinished.

Wheels / Tires: American Racing 15"X7", w/ BFG AT 30"X9.50"X15"LT

Suspension: Full front rebuild, including Warn premium hubs, new Ford springs, polyurethane bushings, reman. steering box (stock height).

Powertrain: Stock 302 EFI engine w/ all new sensors. Currently planning mass-air conversion, followed by possible stroke to 347 cid. Transmission freshly rebuilt w/ Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. Performance exhaust installed.

Truck is set up as a daily driver, and is being modified to tow as necessary. Future enhancements in this area to include an electric brake controller, heavier rear springs, rear sway bar, and electric cooling fan. The idea has been to restore the truck to be as reliable, presentable, and comfortable as a newer model Bronco or Expedition, but stronger and heavier duty. I'm 97% there!

Old 12-02-2001, 10:53 PM
titopr
New User

Since new I have constantly tried new stuff. First off it was the side chromed step-ups, tinted glass and 31" tires. Then came the military horn (really loud), the reinforced tow setup and mud guards.
Then the 6 disc cd changer (Kenwood) and super bass.

When I finished paying it this year (5 year and still treat it like my baby-96) came the super charger (dramatic change-it's a whole new animal), improved inflow (K&N) and cat back exhaust (Borla stainless steel) new spark plugs and cables and programed new chip with all the changes. Also changed the rims to american eagles 17" and new tires Firestone.

Old 12-03-2001, 06:43 AM
Big_Ben
New User

86" XLT 3" body lift,35/12.50 Mud Kings,15x10 alcoa rims, custom rear bumper
soon to be added:
4" sus lift
37/13 boggers
Ramsey 12,000lb winch mounted in custom front
bumper

Old 12-03-2001, 05:19 PM
fast_eddy
Senior User

1996 Ford Bronco XLT w/351: Repainted Grabber Orange with Black Racing Stripes and several layers of pearl coat. 4" Warn Black Diamond Lift with 35 X 12.50s on American Racing Wheels. K&N Filter and Jacobs Omni-Pak. I've got a Hypertech Power Programmer 3 on order, and am looking at getting the exhaust done.

Old 12-07-2001, 06:37 PM
JoeB
Senior User

I have a Lund Visor and Lund steps. 4" Skyjacker Lift with 35X12.50 tires on American Racing Rims. All Energy Suspension bushings, 4.10 gears,K&N FIPK system,MSD Ignition a Level 10 shift kit in the Trans,and a Custom Made SS Exhaust System with a glass pack muffler.

Future Mods will Include a Supercharger kit,Superlifts Superunner Steering System ,Some type of Brake system upgrade,Warn Enforcer Front Bumper needed badly after my run in with the back end of a new Superduty Pickup. I don't want another Ford Bumper after seeing My bumper bend like a pretzel after hitting the tail light and tailgate of the Superduty and I barely put a mark on his tailgate and the taillight did not break.

TITE4X4 how do like the Superrunner Steering? Is it worth the money?
Did it tighten up your steering any?

Old 12-09-2001, 01:12 PM
tite4x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey JoeB

The Superrunner Steering package did help quit a bit. It also helps in the geomitry of the steering linkage, especially when the rig is lifted, and from what I understand is that the Superrunner Steering will work with any lift kit, but please don't quote me on it.
Some info about this same topic that I had saved "(it allows the drag links to move in equal arc movements with each of the axle halves.) Otherwise, when the suspension drops it can cause the steering to bind, and with a dropped pitman arm there is increased leverage on the steering gearbox and frame, which can also cause breakage".

Old 12-21-2001, 12:34 AM
benz302
Junior User

79 Bronco

I installed chrome jackmans , 12.5" x 33" rvt wide climbers ( keep it low for climbing ) , K & N air filter w/ wrap , 500 cfm 2 barrel holley (half the parts to break than a 4 barrel) , chevy pushbar using 3" spacer blocks to the frame , reese hitch , pioneer stereo with 2 amplifiers in overhead console and 5 speakers , CB and 1000 watt linear , also a big ##### antenna , and the cup holder / dash console out of a van .

I have also installed many mirrors , axles , u-joints , drive shafts and at least a couple pints of blood !!!!!!

I've used sheets of steel to replace both of my quarter panels and many cans of black spray paint to keep her looking good ! I completely repaint it at least once a year with bomb cans .

I love my old Bronco . I wouldn't give up my old bronco if somebody tried to give me a new one . Don't make them look pretty , take them into woods where they belong !

Quick Reply: What have you guys done with your Broncos?