B & W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Double Trouble
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B & W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

I am in the market for a B & W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch.
I was hoping to get some feed back from some of you that have had one or been around one in use pro or con.
And how much did you pay for yours?
I might consider a used one if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks
Double Trouble

Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
davhut
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Double, I have one and love it! It's very heavy duty (and heavy, I might add) when fully assembled. I take the fifth wheel off the saddle and then pull the base when I'm taking it off. On the other hand, I have a very good gooseneck at the tip of a hat & a very good 5th wheel for not much more work - the best of both worlds. I've towed quite a bit with it; Canadian Rockies, long flats, high winds, crappy country roads, the works. Never had a question, no jerking, bucking or other nasty surprises. It has good damping for & aft and pivots side to side as well, very nice for the sometines uneven camping spots I seem to pick. My truck had the gooseneck portion installed when I got it so it was kind of a no-brainer for me to go with the Companion - If I remember right it ran me about $700CAD or so deliverd to my door. I get a lot of questions & ooohs & aaaws on it where-ever I go. Man does it have BIG jaws! One thing I do to help make sure I get to keep it is to lock it down with a chain & lock when it's on the rig. I am also in the habit of checking the hitch & power plug anytime I've left the rig unattended for any time - like into a store or gas station. those hitch release handles seem to have a pretty yellow colour that just screams - "PULL ME!!".

Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have it and love it too!! I think I paid around 600 for the companion and 300 for the hitch install. It has been 5yrs since I bought it.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Double Trouble
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replys.
I went ahead and bought a new one and tried it out over the weekend. Like Davhut said I now have the best of both worlds. And yes it is a heavy duty unit.

Thanks again.