Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Now I have a new problem to fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Phredawgy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I have a new problem to fix

before I get back to my other problem. I went to start the vehicle yesterday to see if a good healthy drive would eliminate the smoking it was doing.....since gas wasn't mixing with the oil anymore....I had the vehicle up on ramps.....I went to start it and the vehicle had a jolt.....from inside it sounded like the hood shutting, my girlfriend who was a few feet away...said it sounded like a tool that was stuck somewhere....and then got jolted free(like a metal on metal pop...no tools were anywhere in the area).......then I tried starting it again and it was as if the engine wanted to crank....then the lights and everything go dim....release the key...and power comes back......I checked the battery thinking this might be the problem and it read 11.57volts...so I took it to have it tested and when they tried to recharge it it was reading hot internally and they said it was bad....so I have a brand new battery(the other was only 2 months old.....and now it won't turn over.....looking from under the vehicle it looks as if the starter is trying to engage the (flywheel is it?)...the starter and all move....but nothing else happens...no engine cranking......I can't get back to the other problem if this keeps up....any ideas......any help is appreciated.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:04 PM
pbjohns
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new problem

Does the motor turn over at all? If not, you might have broke a valve, and the valve head has dropped, not something you want to think about. Good luck, with whatever it is.