Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wanna Bee!

Off road challenge? Off road race? Street race? Anytime ....Anyplace

Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
lol ok ok ill retract my wannabee statement prolly shouldnt have said that in the first place, and i dont blame you for posting your truck as much as you can liquid, i do the same! and thats a good slogan monster buck

Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
monster buck
Junior User
Dude, my reference was to blackstock. Not you. Plus I am used to flame baiters. They never show up to race because they don't own the truck anyway. Although his truck in his gallery is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt! Too bad its a dealer truck and not mine.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:08 PM
TJenks
New User
Ok Im just curious what size shot of nos your running and do you really plan on squirtting that large and keeping the block in one piece?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 AM
liquid 1
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by monster buck
Dude, my reference was to blackstock. Not you. Plus I am used to flame baiters. They never show up to race because they don't own the truck anyway. Although his truck in his gallery is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt! Too bad its a dealer truck and not mine.
Yea and the added EYE Candie Black Stock uses never hurt anyone..WOW..
The FX6 is sweeeeeeeeeeet..I like every inch of it..
Bla you have a nice looking truck..Now add a tuner to help turn them big tires over and you,ll love it..

Last edited by liquid 1; 04-07-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:33 AM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
i know this is but there is a list of things a mile long that i want to do to my baby and i just have no idea where to start, but my uncle works for vortec he said that i could get a super from him for only $1500 installed! so i am thinking that that might be the next thing i toss on there, but i need $$$$, i think im going to start a thread about what power adder is best for the money...

Old 04-07-2007, 04:14 AM
triton54
Tuned
yeah i've noticed that list never gets any shorter no matter how much you do theres always a want and need for more, cant wait to see it finished

Old 04-07-2007, 08:55 AM
liquid 1
Senior User
Triton54 your truck looks great, I didnt know ranch made a 3" suspension lift for these trucks, is that all the lift youve got on your truck and the 35" dont rub, and why dont you like the 3.73 gears, Ive got 3.55LS and thinking of going 4.10 in the distant future..
the F250 has the heavier chassis package so was it lifted a touch when stock..

Bla what is a super, do you mean supercharger..for $1500 that would be awesome...

Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,734 Likes on 1,329 Posts
Originally Posted by triton54
35's on a 7.5 shouldn't rub at all.
Probably because his truck is a 2WD. My '97 4x4 can fit 34's stock without rubbing.

Originally Posted by monster buck
Wrong.

Tires make clearance. The only way to get your axles up, is bigger tires. Sure suspension lifts are great but body lifts serve their purpose also.
Suspension lifts will raise the frame off the ground to give you a better breakover angle, approach and departure angles, more suspension travel, and in most cases, a better ride. You can raise the body up 5 feet...but your frame is still going to drag on that rock in the trail, or that ditch you're about to go through...

I, personally, hate body lifts. The one and only reason I would run one would be to eliminate body interferance with another chassis part (like after an engine swap...but still, only 1-2" max.).

Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 AM
monster buck
Junior User
Talking

[

Suspension lifts will raise the frame off the ground to give you a better breakover angle, approach and departure angles, more suspension travel,

I agree, but that is not what I said. My second sentence is correct, the only way to raise your axles is to put on bigger tires. I wasn't addressing your points. I was addressing the axles. My frame might clear but if my axle is on the rock it ain't helping me much. The difference betwwen a body lift and no lift at all with stock wheels. Which again applies to my entire point of my post, BODY LIFTS SERVE THEIR PURPOSE TOO. For the money they let you put on bigger tires thus lifting your axles higher. Yes suspension lifts achieve both higher clearances and allowing bigger tires, they're awesome, but I was addressing the body lifts purpose, not suspension lift purposes. Also to take a good Fabtech lift home its $2000, not $200, my point, bang for the buck. Many of us on this site can't drop that kind of cash.

and in most cases, a better ride.

Better how? If you are talking off road overall capabilities I agree, on-road manners? no way, its either stiff or else you will sway much more. I have been in many different lifted trucks and never have I been in a susp. lifted truck with a better road ride. To be honest, most of use drive these trucks every day to get back and forth to work only 10 percent off road, so road ride does matter to some.

You can raise the body up 5 feet...but your frame is still going to drag on that rock in the trail, or that ditch you're about to go through...

I agree totally, but you are being melodramatic, we are talking a couple of inches right. plus one intent of the body lift is to put on bigger tires, hence better angles over stock... I never said body lifts are better than suspension lifts. Both have thier purpose.

I, personally, hate body lifts. The one and only reason I would run one would be to eliminate body interferance with another chassis part (like after an engine swap...but still, only 1-2" max.).[/QUOTE]

A little hypacritical wouldn't you say. Reread my original post. Your point here is exactly one reason why I like mine. Does a suspension lift do that? Hate is a strong word. People might take offense hearing that something they take pride in...(you hate how they did it.)

See you on the trail.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 AM
triton54
Tuned
sand dunes in michigan?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 PM
monster buck
Junior User
Originally Posted by triton54
sand dunes in michigan?
SILVER LAKE BABY! It isn't like out west but its better than nothing.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
triton54
Tuned
i grew up in ohio and never knew us "yankees" had sand like that, learn somethin new everyday.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
liquid 1
Senior User
Thats sweeet is it free to play.., looks like Nags head NC but we cant use it ..its just for foot traffic only..errrr, the closest playground we have is in the mtn, and its cliffs and big rocks..lots of fun, if you can keep from rolling over.....lol

Old 04-08-2007, 04:15 AM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
Talking

yeah super is supercharger (at least in my little world i call them supers), and yeah my uncle works in management in the vortech assembly plant in oxnard, or some vortech plant in oxnard Calif. So he can get a major discount on it for me.
I think that we can all agree that each lift has its up and down sides (not good and bad), the lift you get suits the needs that you have at that time, i know i said that body lifts were for wannabees, but after reading all the other guys posts about lifts it seems that everyone has their own different individual needs, and each person gets what they need, so lets not fret friends! no worries!

Quick Reply: Need Help on Lift and tire Advice