Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

We gotta get our posts up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We gotta get our posts up!!!

Can anyone else come up with a topic besides me? I got my head filled with Calculus and Integration and Analytical Geometry. Not to mention all the programming languages! Please help a worn out mind!

I like some music....

My two favorites of all time are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. But two new GREAT groups are "Deathcab for Cutie" and "Blue October" who I'm actually going to see in two weeks in Seattle (Blue October, not Deathcab)

I say we start listing the greatest groups of all time. Unfortunately (and Tire' ol Rebel will love this) most are from the South. NC and SC.

Any opinions?

Old 04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets not force it dude,
The last thing we want is forced topics and posting just to post. If it is not interesting no new mwmbers and a bunch of old ones are going to get lazy and not look through all the threads. Yes we may not be going through the roof However we are giving good conversationa a fighting chance

Love ya man

Old 04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Lets not force it dude,
The last thing we want is forced topics and posting just to post. If it is not interesting no new mwmbers and a bunch of old ones are going to get lazy and not look through all the threads. Yes we may not be going through the roof However we are giving good conversationa a fighting chance

Love ya man
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I sobered the next morning and read my posts from the night before. ouch!! Anyways, I was just on that kick of busting up Delaware and NJ but I'm starting to care less.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oneminizut
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I sobered the next morning and read my posts from the night before. ouch!! Anyways, I was just on that kick of busting up Delaware and NJ but I'm starting to care less.
Just focus here John...We have an awesome chapter! You can post anywhere, but looking through the chapters, we are the most exciting!

Note: Alaska and Carolina are still our 'Family' chapters.

Last edited by Placermike; 04-02-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Yeah but sometimes I wonder if I'm not p***ing off some of the older members who want to just talk about Fords. Unfortunately I don't know any of that stuff so I read the posts and try to learn and post about things I know about. I thought that maybe it was like "This is FTE but that's not all we are interested in".

Old 04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
No worries Brother, Just trying to help ya out.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
spidertoy
Senior User
so, how does the post thing work, the more a chapter posts, the better? cause I have a few posting games that are clean, and fun, but I dont wanna start them without the okay, cause they can become VERY addicting, and a lot of post *****s, go nuts with them

Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Yeah but sometimes I wonder if I'm not p***ing off some of the older members who want to just talk about Fords. Unfortunately I don't know any of that stuff so I read the posts and try to learn and post about things I know about. I thought that maybe it was like "This is FTE but that's not all we are interested in".
You are here to have fun, so have fun! This is a Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum, but that means that we have a common tie...doesn't mean we can't have fun in other areas such as sports.

Keep posts clean and stick to FTE guidlines and there should never be an issue.

Mike

Old 04-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by spidertoy
so, how does the post thing work, the more a chapter posts, the better? cause I have a few posting games that are clean, and fun, but I dont wanna start them without the okay, cause they can become VERY addicting, and a lot of post *****s, go nuts with them
The post thing is more from being competitive. I pretty much started keeping track of posts in an effort to get the chapter going, and it has worked. I will still be tracking comparisons, but the most important thing is to have fun.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by spidertoy
Yes, Placermike is correct and I know from experience. You Gotta keep it clean or you'll get spanked. I am an expert at getting problems started. But we play nice now, right Placermike? Especially to Alaska and NC

Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 AM
kwob
Senior User
I wouldn't worry about that. To me the chapters are a place were we can have a bit of fun, socialize with other members, etc. It would be awfully boring if all we did was talk about Fords. Anyway, just my opinion...

Old 04-03-2007, 09:24 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Please don't post just for the sake of posting, it's obvious and will eventually demean the chapter.

This applies to all of us at one time or another, but don't make it easy:

"Smart men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something"

I'm guilty of it too sometimes, but have you tried to follow any of the posted topics here? A little off-topic is fine, but we go out into space. I'm farting most of the threads off; much more and I'll get tired of wading through any of them.

Good times are fine, but to "up the post counts" or "get the most threads" is just blather and a waste of forum bandwidth, storage space and back up time.

Myself I have a fine, interesting time here and would like to continue.

Last edited by RexB; 04-03-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Can anyone else come up with a topic besides me? I got my head filled with Calculus and Integration and Analytical Geometry. Not to mention all the programming languages! Please help a worn out mind!

I like some music....

My two favorites of all time are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. But two new GREAT groups are "Deathcab for Cutie" and "Blue October" who I'm actually going to see in two weeks in Seattle (Blue October, not Deathcab)

I say we start listing the greatest groups of all time. Unfortunately (and Tire' ol Rebel will love this) most are from the South. NC and SC.

Any opinions?
Calculus and Integration! Nice to know that there is at least one other glutton for punishment around here! I just started Differentials (Diffy Q's) as well as third term Calculus based Physics...

What's your major?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
kwob
Senior User
I don't think I advocated anybody post for the sake of posting and I do follow all the threads. I may not reply to all of them simply because I may not have anything to add.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Heck, I don't know what to think. I got half the people pm'ing me telling me to keep it up and the other half getting p'od at my dumb posts. Whatever... I got my parts today for my truck and I got work to do so y'all can do what you like with the chapter. I'm going outside to fix fence posts and ride my horse.

Quick Reply: We gotta get our posts up!!!