1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Throttle Body Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
milows
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body Spacers

I'm looking at throwing a K&N Cold air intake and an airaid throttle body spacer in my 03' FX4 4.0L V6. Has anybody had any experience with performance changes or installation of one of these throttle body spacers?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't bother. TB spacers were a great asset on carbureted engines (I run one on the GMC), but they have little to no gain on fuel injected engines and are nowhere near worth the money. Save the money for other, more useful mods.

I won't say don't use the K&N intake, but perhaps look into another filter to mount to the intake, K&Ns have a reputation for getting their oil onto the MAF sensor and screwing with the engine.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
milows
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanx man, do you have a better and cheaper suggestion? i want something that has the tube filter and all. and definatly the heat guard that the k&n's come with. also any suggestions as far as something that works with that pcv tube i heard about in another thread?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd suggest doing what Wendell did, get the K&N intake, but put an AEM filter on it (I have one on my truck as well).

This way, you maintain all of the stock properties of the K&N such as the sheild and tube, but the filter doesn't require oil.

The PCV tube should hook up to the intake manifold, not the intake tube. The tube I believe you are thinking of is the one that runs to the oil filler tube? I used a nozzel from a garden hose, mounted it on my intake, and ran the line to it. Works flawlessly.