Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Michigan Events For June 07

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Michigan Events For June 07

Sorry guys I should have posted these earlier but I jsut found out about one of them. Both are this weekend in the Holland and Muskegon areas

In Muskegon there is a Big Rig truck show at "great Lakes Downs" (the horse track) Friday the 22 from 6pm to 11pm and saturday from 12 noon to 11pm. Admission is free and parking is $5.

Then there is Spring Fling 2 at Merchant Automotive in Holland. Heres what I know about copied from another site.

Merchant Automotive Spring Fling II

2007 MA Spring Fling Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a tenative schedule of events for the 2007 MA Spring Fling. The way things have been going, its turned into a 3-day weekend event!
================================================== =====

FRIDAY, June 22nd

Dyno will be available at $100/hr for Test n' Tune.

In the evening, the rock band KungFuDiesel will be playing center stage at Merchant Automotive!! www.kungfudiesel.com

Since Friday is an "unofficial" GTG day, we don't plan to have any food or drink on premises to serve. But since the grills will be there, everyone is invited to bring their own meats if they'd like to have a cookout. We can always take a drive over to Gordon's and pickup some side dishes, too. Beverages are BYOB.

We also plan to have a small bonfire in the area behind the shops, and just make for a nice relaxing evening.

Friday is also our last day to finish setting up all vendor areas, tents, tables and chairs, and doing final prep work for the big day Saturday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 23rd

Dyno starts at approx 8am and runs until approx 5pm. Availability is on a first come/first served basis. There may only be 25-30 spots available, so if you want to dyno, be at the shop early to sign up! There will also be a Registration area available for information on the day's events.

The big dyno attraction is the Nasty Girl vs. Maddog dyno competition in the middle of the day, but there will be many more high-HP trucks running all day, too.

Also starting up around 11am will be the Show n' Shine competition. Sponsored by Adam's Polishes. This will take place in the shop parking lot of Eric's next-door neighbor, Carl. Carl will also have out many displays of his wonderful custom paint work to see, from custom helmets to showcars he has painted. We would like Show n' Shine voting will be open to all MA Spring Fling visitors, so if you plan on competing, be there early. Results will be posted during the giveaways at approx 4-5pm.

Lunch will be served from approx 12:00-2:30. We will have a variety of main dishes, including hotdogs, hamburgers, turkey and roasted pig. There'll also be baked beans, chips and anything else we can think of that can survive a hot Michigan day!!! Hey, if you have an idea for something, let us know! Also, if anyone wants to bring homemade cookies or something else for dessert, we certainly would welcome it! While we are working on supplying soda and water like we did last year, alcohol is strictly BYOB.
Thanks go out to JoeC, Mark V, Tom A and Roger Z for all their help!

Jen has also put together a group of beautiful ladies to act as official MA Girls for the event. They will be running the raffles, 50/50s and giveaways for us. Drawings will be held periodically during the day, with the large drawings at approx 4-5pm.
We also hope to give the money from the raffles to the West Michigan Spina Bifida Association. www.wmspinabifida.org/
So bring your money and buy lots of tickets!

Bill from DP Tuner will be providing music during the event from his inventory of over 30,000 titles!

Drag Racing at Knoll-Gas Motorsports Park (formerly Martin US131 Dragway) will follow the dyno-day on Friday night! Racing starts at approx 6pm. www.us131motorsportspark.com
Eric negotiated with the Track Staff and we'll be able to have our own separate bracket racing event during the regular Saturday racing schedule!

I will be at both some time on Saturday. Not sure if I am driving or my Dad but we will be there. I will be the big ugly guy with side burns and a gottee. I would bet there will be a few guys with that description at both events!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
so whats it cost to enter the show n' shine? are there any/many trucks usually in it? i mean mine's nowhere near a "show" truck, but i like to clean it up and mingle.

EDIT: so after looking at merchant's site, this is the question i should ask; are there many FORD trucks there? lol.

Last edited by bbender85; 06-18-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was originally gonna go to the MA event, but my buddy is having a bachelor party, i kinda gotta go to that.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

This is an all Diesel event as far as I know. The info I have came from DP-tuner and was posted on another Ford Forum. Not sure about entering the Show and Shine. Didn't see any of those details. Try calling Merchant Auto. they might know.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:02 AM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
well i'm gonna be there to check it out... anyone else going for sure?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:30 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Yep I will be at both. Leaving home in about 30 minutes.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
bbender85
Logistics Pro