Excitement in Princeton

Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Excitement in Princeton

I slept through it.

Hostage Situation Ends Peacefully

On Sunday, March 25, 2007 at approximately 9:30 pm, RCMP checked a vehicle that was stopped in a pull out on Hwy 3 approximately 8 km west of Hedley, B.C. The vehicle was found to be associated to a male wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant out of Calgary, Alberta. The male was considered armed and dangerous. There were other RCMP Units in the area dealing with an unrelated matter that were alerted. The male driver and lone occupant of the vehicle quickly departed the pull out with the arrival of the first RCMP member. The RCMP member noted the male to have a handgun. The vehicle was followed and refused to stop for police. RCMP set up a spike belt on Hwy 3 approximately 2 km east of Princeton. The suspect vehicle, a late model Chev Blazer drove over the spike belt and continued on into Princeton on flat tires, still refusing to stop. RCMP continued to follow the vehicle and attempted to contain the vehicle on the highway in Princeton at which point the vehicle struck a sign post in front of the Esso on Hwy 3 in Princeton at 10:05 pm. When the male exited the vehicle, he was seen with a handgun, running towards the Esso. Police officers at the scene were concerned for the safety of the public, fired upon the male, who suffered a non life threatening injury to his arm..
The male grabbed a 60 year old male that had come out into the parking lot and took him back inside. Also inside was the 45 year old female employee. The male suspect allowed the female employee to leave at approximately 10:10 PM, but kept the 60 year old male inside. Hwy 3 was closed to traffic to ensure the safety of the public. RCMP successfully negotiated the release of the 60 year old male at 2:45 AM. . The suspect male, 26 years of age, peacefully surrendered to RCMP at 5:35 AM and was taken to Princeton Hospital for medical treatment. A 45 year old male customer was also found hiding inside the store at this time. The male suspect has been since transported to Penticton Regional Hospital for follow up treatment.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow that is insane, I would never sleep through a gunshot.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
bchunter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, I heard about that. Poor old dude. Do you know any of the folks that were involved?

Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
No I did not know anyone involved. If it was not for the news and all the investigators and the Jimmy still sitting there I probably would not have even known about it.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Well im glad to hear it didnt affect you personally through family and whatnot.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
pud
Posting Guru
free jimmy?

thats crazy tho, f-kin addicts!

Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah those guys are the worst.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
all seriousness aside, i thought you were gonna say that you are getting a Tim Hortons,

Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by FirstTry
all seriousness aside, i thought you were gonna say that you are getting a Tim Hortons,
Actually it was just built, not even a year there yet. The Esso is on one side of the building and the other side is still empty, and yes for a while there was talk of a Tim Hortons going in there.

Search this Thread