Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Passport or Enhanced License for a Trip to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passport or Enhanced License for a Trip to Canada

What do you think about the neccessity of a special license or passport to take a trip up north?

Initially it was reported that a passport was needed by Jan 07. Tonight the news stated that the passport requirement would not go in effect until 2009, and our Gov signed a bill that would create an 'Enhanced Licence' at a cost of $40, that would allow us to cross the border. ...BC is working on a similiar thing.

Is this tax or fact? Post your knowledge and/or thoughts.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
kwob
Senior User
I think that a passport is required now for travel to/from Canada if by air or sea. I think that part of the new requirements were implemented this past Jan. I think it's a pretty good idea since the new enhanced license is gonna be cheaper than a passport. From my understanding it will only work for travel between BC and Washington State.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Or you could be a felon like me and have to cross a darn river!! lol! Not even worth it! But that doesn't help. I was just being a smart as*

Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 AM
kwob
Senior User
Yeah that's messed up. A buddy of mine has the same problem...all over a DUI he got nearly 20 years ago.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:23 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kwob
I think that a passport is required now for travel to/from Canada if by air or sea. I think that part of the new requirements were implemented this past Jan. I think it's a pretty good idea since the new enhanced license is gonna be cheaper than a passport. From my understanding it will only work for travel between BC and Washington State.
I didn't realize that they did that but it's probably a good thing. They're so worried about Mexicans that want to come in and work they're forgetting about the jihad coming across the Canadian border.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Perhaps we should just start a Ford 'Border Brigade'.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Doesn't have a whole lot of effect on me, I don't travel that way very often. Might be an issue when I go back east in a few years to visit, I like to go north to avoid Chicago and that whole mess.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
Perhaps we should just start a Ford 'Border Brigade'.
Can I hide in someone's truck?

Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Harte3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just be glad you are not a truck driver. FASS card, TWICK card...redundant background checks for both...mucho bucks...and the government is trying to pull a fast one on letting Mexican trucks full access to the states without meeting the mandated requirements. Go figure.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Harte3
Just be glad you are not a truck driver. FASS card, TWICK card...redundant background checks for both...mucho bucks...and the government is trying to pull a fast one on letting Mexican trucks full access to the states without meeting the mandated requirements. Go figure.
Gosh darnit, I'm no better than an illegal immigrant! Oh well, I can smoke pot on the streets here. (not that I smoke pot(paranoi)).

Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Originally Posted by kwob
Yes, the passport requirement went ito effect in Jan for air and sea travel out of the United States. This includes Mexico and the southern island destinations that are not a U.S. possession. Basically, if you are flying or floating into a foreign country you need a passport even if the stop is in between two U.S. destinations.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just jump the Alaska Ferry out of Bellingham and bypass Canada to Ketchikan. Although I do luv the drive up the Alcan.
Maybe Preppypyro can cause a distraction at the border and ya could get across while they are chasing the Powder Monkey. HAAAA I want video's.