Chapter Leader

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 150ford
You guys need a chapter leader an quick. I nominate placermike. Seems like the forum has really slowed. A chapter leader could really pick this place up. An it needs something before it dies. Any thoughts out there. Lets hope theres others reading this.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
I thank you for the 'Nomination', and would not mind being in that position. I agree that we do need a chapter leader that will try and get folks motivated.
Looking at Western Region numbers, the least active chapters (Idaho, Oregon and Washington) have no chapter leaders... Alaska (2nd least populated state per sq mile) has 10x the threads and replies that WA State has. I hope this does not mean that most people in Washington are driving Toyotas or worst yet.........Chevys.

I am not sure how a 'Chapter Leader' is designated, but perhaps a vote for a 'Chapter Leader' needs to be started. Ford_Six and RexB seem to be very active...Help out guys!
A lot of the chapters seem to use the "Poll" function w/nominations to find new leaders/officers. There is one currently going to use a actual G2g function to handle the voting of a new leader.

Lets get someone in the position !!!!

Keep on Truck'in

Old 02-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
I started a poll in this thread. I hope it helps to select a Chapter Leader. I am not even sure who can designate the 'Chapter Leader'.

I am a new member to FTE, and not even sure how all the processes work, but I will eventually figure it out. Seasoned FTE members, please help educate this country boy. I only want to get our chapter very motivated.

Right now there are only three selections for the 'Poll'...I nominated RexB and Ford_Six (Hope ya'll don't get upset!).

Please help get prospective candidates for a chapter leader so they can be added to the poll...Also make sure and vote, along with making sure you have your name added to the 'Roll Call' thread.

Mahalo Nui oi

Placermike

Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I was the moderator in the last iteration of this chapter, this one hasn't been around more than a couple months.
I'll do it if I'm voted in, but I don't know if I really have the time to devote to this.
Basically, the CL is in charge of scouting out locations and planning GTGs, advertise the chapter or designate someone to advertise the chapter in the forums to help build membership, and help keep things in line here.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Post Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
I was the moderator in the last iteration of this chapter, this one hasn't been around more than a couple months.
I'll do it if I'm voted in, but I don't know if I really have the time to devote to this.
Basically, the CL is in charge of scouting out locations and planning GTGs, advertise the chapter or designate someone to advertise the chapter in the forums to help build membership, and help keep things in line here.
I do have the time and the want to make this chapter work. However, I could use some information as to how the structure of the chapter functions. Please email me, so that I can be more specific.

If you do not have the time...Please vote for me... I do have the time and I am more than willing to try and make this chapter more aggressive.

Who appoints the chapter leader?

Last edited by Placermike; 02-11-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
I just wonder if this chapter has lost its members or all the post it once enjoyed due to the fact that the format for the chapter has changed from say 6mo to a year ago when the chapter was all of WA,ID,ORE, instead of broken up as it is today. It also seems that a lot of guys that used to post before the change are'nt
doing so after the change, coincidence? i don't think so, my thoughts.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like old way better but thats the past an we cant go back. It would be nice to get the old members back but I believe there gone for good an will never be back. An the new member that are around will be gone if theres no activity. I am glad to see placermike very intrested in the position. He has the time to do a good job. I believe if he gets nominated he gets in touch with FTE to have them ask a few questions an it goes fom there. Im from Nebraska an enjoy these western forums so I would like to see them do good.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:55 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea our Old Guys aren't around much, and our old posts were slicked -- pls speak up if you want Chapter Leader!

Since Ford_Six our old leader doesn't want it, and I stick close to home and am not online a lot, I vote for Placermike. May the energy be with you

Let's have a good chapter! If y'all want to visit Whidbey, I've got a BBQ with lottsa' cooking room. And a big shop with sleeping bags to crash in. Free firewood so bring your chainsaws!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
Yea our Old Guys aren't around much, and our old posts were slicked -- pls speak up if you want Chapter Leader!

Since Ford_Six our old leader doesn't want it, and I stick close to home and am not online a lot, I vote for Placermike. May the energy be with you

Let's have a good chapter! If y'all want to visit Whidbey, I've got a BBQ with lottsa' cooking room. And a big shop with sleeping bags to crash in. Free firewood so bring your chainsaws!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I definately have the energy. Sounds like the bigest issue is getting the old members back, and creating excitement for new members. Perhaps a GTG on Whibey could be a start. I'll bring my tools in case people really need their saws roaring.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the old members back, most are no longer on this site. Besides, those that are gone are gone for a reason. I'd focus more on getting new members involved, maybe a post in GAC telling people of this brand new Washington Chapter.
A GTG on Whidbey would be cool, I've haven't been there yet.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was born just north of Sequim. And know the state like my own back yard. Cuz till 77 when I moved up here it was.
Anything I can do to help?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
REXB
where on whidbey do you live? you dont have to anwser,but just wondering becuz
my wifes great Grandfather and Grandmother live there just s west of the vineyards
by greenbank.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by i1dery
REXB
where on whidbey do you live? you dont have to anwser,but just wondering becuz
my wifes great Grandfather and Grandmother live there just s west of the vineyards
by greenbank.
Hi i!dery, I'm a mile down the road from Greenbank and might've seen your inlaws at Coupe's Greenbank store

Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Voting has Slowed.

I have not heard anything from the higher ups in FTE, so we might as well keep on voting for a Chapter Leader. Please post to add a new nominee. I am not sure if it is possible to edit a current poll, but at the very least we can try and keep a correct tally.

If you are satisfied with the current results, then let our moderator know, so they can pass it on. Perhaps we will eventually have a chapter leader.

No ka oi!

Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Placermike is 12 votes ahead in the poll, that's where my vote went. Placermike is it! Assume the mantle! Paycheck is in the mail!

I see 99Trigger30 listed as the general "Chapters" moderator, PM sent ... Ford_Six , would you also moderate here as you're a Washington resident and chapter member? I don't know how the Mod hierarchy is set up...

Rex

Quick Reply: Chapter Leader