6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

07 6.0 or 08 6.4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 409 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by drisschoufa
If you do not care what your truck look like and do not want the latest in teck then go with the 07 now if you want a truck that is quieter than the gas engine, handles better the weight because of the new chassis or improved chassis whatevere you guys want to call it then get the 08 by the time Ford works out the bugs on this if they are any they will be a new truck that you want to buy that is better than this 08 and it does not matter who makes it the teck is moving so fast these days that we do not know. it looks like most of us keep there truck for 3 to 4 years you waranty should cover any problems that may come up and if they do so what.
today even mercedes is having problems with 120k plus cars porsche is having problems with there Cayeene sport utility but If you want to drive the latest you have to always deal with these issues.
Go spend the money and get the best looking truck out there and who cars if it breaks let ford fix it that is what waranty is for and they will give you a truck if you request one as a loanner.
I agree with most of your post, I like the looks of the '08 and the new features, but my '07, if configured identically in an '08, is both rated to carry more and to tow more than the '08 would be; for what that may be worth to you. For me: I carry a good sized slide in camper and tow a well loaded 3 horse trailer that uses every ounce of the '07's rated capacity -- I'd be over capacity in an '08 (no matter how good I looked while doing it ).

Pickupman2004: congrats on the new truck and glad to see you got such a balanced view from the site (it's normal, so get used to it!). Enjoy the '07 -- mine rocks!!

Last edited by diesel_dan; 03-26-2007 at 06:19 PM.