Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

One Piece Wheel for Dually ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Father Patrick
FTE Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Piece Wheel for Dually ???

Hey folks , I had a guy ask me today about a one piece wheel for an F-350 Dually ? He wants to put a lift kit in and also wants big Mickeys on it, but he wants a one piece wheel for the rear, I've found spacers you can add so you can put bigger meat on your wheels but haven't found a one piece wheel with proper offset ??? Anyone know of a replacement wheel one piece that will take up all the space under those massive fender flares ? Thanks in advance ....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Who ever sells the tires should have access to the rims that you're looking for. If they don't, they should, cause their missing out on the market. Whoever goes out and buys a set of Mickey Thompsons, probably will need some wheels to put them on, at least for the first set.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
When you say Mickey Thompsons, do you mean like the fat street tire like Sportsmans? The make a rim up to 20 " wide, I'm trying to picture which way the guy wants to go

Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Mickey Thompsons are popular tires that they make for all types of applications from drag racers to 4X4 off road trucks. When you said Mickey's in your post, that is what I was thinking about. As for a rim that would fit your application, I would think that whoever sells the tires would have access to a style of rim that would work too. It may come down to someone customizing a set of rims for you too. I personally would look into finding a rim or having a set made for the application before I would use a spacer kit to set the wheels out. I just don't know how strong the spacer kits are and what kind of stress they would put on the axle.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Father Patrick
FTE Sponsor
One Piece Wheel

Well heres the deal, instead of using the standard dual wheel setup, he wants to put a single wheel thats just as wide as both wheels combined. Then put off road'ish rubber on it ... The spacers I saw fit between the dual wheel setup to off set for bigger tires and by bigger I mean wider. So you can put 4 off road tires on the rear. But a one piece wheel with a huge off road tire ? ? ? ? I think it would look cool to have a single wheel and a set of street slicks or something on a slammed truck, but not on a lifted truck ? ? I don't know ... the guys coming back in a few days and I'll see what he says. I wanted to point out that the spacers were for the dual wheel setup and bolted up between the wheels to allow the use of two slightly wider tires. I agree that a spacer at the end of the axle used to space out a single wheel might cause alot of stress, but between two wheels .... to space out maybe an inch.... no big deal in my opinion. Check out this site if your interested ... http://www.offroadunlimited.com/Prod...idproduct=1316 It will give you an idea of the spacer in question. As far as a single wheel thats wide enough, with proper offset & then finding off road rubber to fit, we'll see. Not to mention your spare tire becomes useless.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
If his F350 dually is a 4X4, you'll need matching tires all around. If not, then you can do what you want on the rear, assuming you can find the rims you are looking for. I just checked out the spacers and I agree that they probably wouldn't hurt. But, if his goal is to have a single tire with the same width as the duals, then you probably won't need the spacers. Being a dually there should be a lot of clearence both towards the springs and frame and towards the side of the fender. How tall of a tire is he looking to go with? Does he want to stick with a 16 inch tall rim or go with something bigger?