6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Edge A-2 Controller with GPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Diesel_D
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge A-2 Controller with GPS

Anyone out there have the Edge A2 controller with GPS? I have a couple of questions. Can this thing be used as a standalone monitoring system to monitor EGT (with pyrometer installed of course) Boost pressure, engine temp, tranny temp, fuel pressure, differential temp and other parameters without hooking up a chip tuner like the edge juice or juice platinum? Also I havent seen any mounts for it. Does it have a pillar mount?
Any info would be greatly appreciated ! This will make the difference in buying one or not !
I am not looking to adjust PCM or engine parameters at this time but if and when I decide to I could just install the juice module
Thanks again

Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 PM
LAWNMOWER MAN
Senior User
Well All That I Use My A2 For Is The Gps, And The Back Up Camera In My Horse Trailer, It Will Not Do Any Stand Alone Featured That You Are Thinking Of With Out The Edge Programer Installed, It Is A Really Expensive Gps Though, I Had Mine With The Edge Juice With Attitude But Went With A Sct With Custom Tunes And Never Looked Back!! Like The Gps And Back-up Cam From Edge Though

Old 03-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Diesel_D
Freshman User
Thanks
I guess I may have to go with the Quadzilla Commander, but it doesnt have GPS or camera

Old 03-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Diesel_D
Freshman User
Originally Posted by LAWNMOWER MAN
Well All That I Use My A2 For Is The Gps,
What kind of mount is available? just curious !

Old 03-11-2007, 01:49 AM
cudajim
Senior User
I have done some research on this. I havent put down all that money yet. The GPS on the A2 is a TomTom 510. The A2 will not read EGT without a installed probe. If you just want to read values without the automatic programing, get some pillar guages and a TomTom. Get the Juice if you want the pre-programed HP gains

I have been looking at AutoTap. I have a computer in my car and I could use this to read my temps. http://www.autotap.com/product_family.asp?FamilyId=260

Also, there is an additional program that can be used to tune the truck. I havent made my decesion.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Diesel_D
Freshman User
Sounds interesting however I would I guess have to keep my laptop in my truck. The Quadzilla commander acts as a standalone digital gauge system and has a pillar mount, I just like the graphics of the Edge A-2, and of course having the GPS is cool. You are right that does look identical to the Tom Tom 510.
Im sure no system will read EGT without an installed probe which is not a problem to install. The Commander reads fuel pressure and boost as well as other stuff.
Thanks for the info

Last edited by Diesel_D; 03-11-2007 at 08:53 AM.