General Automotive Discussion

Ford Bashes Toyota Hard : Act of Deperation or Truth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
mikedeason
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ford Bashes Toyota Hard : Act of Deperation or Truth?

You decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4kGXwe4mE

Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM
whalerron
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford completely reworked the F150 using the latest and greatest manufacturing technology. That hydroformed frame is a real big deal and it definitely makes a stronger truck. But, none of that new technology is being used in the Superduties. It's interesting that the video is bashing the Toyota but the Superduty is built with alot of the same flaws. Don't get me wrong....I wouldn't buy the Toyota but I sure would like to see the hydroformed frame make its way into the Superduties. The F150's "boxed" front end would be nice in the Superduty too....

Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personaly for a light duty truck, i'd stick with a Ford (or yes even a chevy). we owned a 98 F150 that worked great!

a guy i work with had his tacoma clutch fry at 3800 miles, for a left over 06 not impressive there!

i always remember the first three letters "TOY"!! but i'm sure with all there new additions they will sell to the 1/2 ton croud.........

i'm not a TOY fan except for the small, early 80's solid axle trucks, they work pretty good for hunting/trail trucks.........drop a small block in the and go to town, haha!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
mikedeason
Elder User
That video made me lose allot of respect for Ford.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Yeah, well we had an 05 6.0 that was in the shop multiple times in the first 7000 miles for engine problems that made the vehicle-an ambulance, undrivable.

IMO-Desperation. Basicly the whole video was more babble about how they got where they are today as a whole. We've been popular for years and it's going to stay like that no matter what because everyone loves us!

They took your car market. It's gone. No one wants domestic cars anymore. Most don't anyway.

Ford had better wise up. Stop talking and start building. Your truck is overweight, underpowered, and slow.

Mike

Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Frankenbiker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow... I don't know if FORD is that desperate, but HE sure is... Yeesh....

-blaine

Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
jimh425
Senior User
I didn't focus on his delivery, but I couldn't find fault with what he said. But, I'm not a Japanese car fan either, so I'm not trying to protect Toyota's reputation. I'd be interested to hear what you think was wrong since I couldn't pick it out.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Does that guy work for FORD ? And do you think FORD paid him for that ?
I dont know , Just wondering

Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Fordbronco69
Infidel

Lol? Compared to the competition it might weight more, have less power, and is slower but if thats all you care about then go buy a Toyota car (they're light, have good hp for the weight and im sure is pretty fast). Around here i see noting but those 150's with ladder racks and tool boxes. It does the job and does it well...thats what the customers wants and ford delivers.

That guy is for sure annoying as heck but from what i just saw on that video...ide smack anyone related to me if they bought that thing(Toyeti).

Since the 6.0L engine isnt FOMOCO you cant totally blame ford...from the factory the tech could have torqued the valves to tight, stuck in a faulty rod, the wireing for the injector could have been bad from the factory.

Ford's doing it right. The new 08's are noting but impressive and might not have as much HP at the Cummins or Duracrap but i dont see ANY of those truck towing 24,000 LBS.

And have you seen the NEW F150's? Whoooah look out.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

WOW...a very fast talker!

IMO...Just shows how well Toyota built the new Tundra. They did copy a lot of ideas from FORD, so FORD should be PROUD! Now FORD just needs to step up with the next F150 and make it better. Nothing wrong with good 'ole competition! WE benefit in the END!!!

Oh...I like how he smashes the 5.7L...with fuel economy. That's pretty fresh...

Would I buy a '07 Tundra??? NOPE!

biz

Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM
conger
Posting Guru
The video didn't impress me. Sounded like a lot of double speak. Kind of sounded like a desparate salesman. Maybe much of what he said was true, but I wasn't sold on it.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
mikedeason
Elder User
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty
Does that guy work for FORD ? And do you think FORD paid him for that ?
I dont know , Just wondering
Yea, he works for Ford.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/

He's suposed to be the TRUTH guy. His claims on the YouTube vid. are so outlandish that they don't even deserve discussion. Just listen to his garbage about the engine and then check fuel mileage ratings or the grill stuff which is just inane. Plus the frame as mentioned is not hydroformed on the Superduty.

Overboard and desperate.

I just expected more class from Ford.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 PM
duffman77
Elder User
Originally Posted by jimh425
but I couldn't find fault with what he said.
I'd be interested to hear what you think was wrong since I couldn't pick it out.
I will start with, I dont like Toyota.
Guy is bang on when he is talking about frames, the F150 is 20 years ahead of them on that. Guy doesnt have a clue what he is talking about on the engine, Ford is so far behind that Toyata V8, it wont be funny. Do any Fords come factory equiped with headers? Big brakes, dont act like you invented it Ford. Ring & Pinion come up to standard what?? Ford only uses a 10.5 in the SD compared to the 11.5 in Chev & dodge. Styling, who cares about your subjective opinion, I dont think my SD interior is better than Dodge or GM either.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Fordbronco69
Lol? Compared to the competition it might weight more, have less power, and is slower but if thats all you care about then go buy a Toyota car (they're light, have good hp for the weight and im sure is pretty fast). Around here i see noting but those 150's with ladder racks and tool boxes. It does the job and does it well...thats what the customers wants and ford delivers.
What's funny is that I do see a lot a 150s and Rangers working it 8-5. What's even funnier is that the vast majority of the SDs that I see are doing anything but work.

Just something I've noticed. It could be because Ford has priced the Superduty out of the range of a work truck.

Ford is getting desperate and is now just talking smack.

The 150 is a good truck, but it's nothing special. Even if they didn't add 1 horse to the 5.4, at least give it a 5 or 6 speed auto and 4.10 rear end. That would help by leaps and bounds.

Mike

Old 03-06-2007, 11:11 PM
lariat79sc
Elder User
Toyota hasn't the brand loyalty that Ford/Chevy has nor do they have the product. I liked the video. He is right. Toyota still is inferior in many ways.

Last edited by lariat79sc; 03-06-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Ford Bashes Toyota Hard : Act of Deperation or Truth?