DiabloSport Chip for E-85 (Ethanol) - 3 position - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Computer Chips & Tuners
Reload this Page >

DiabloSport Chip for E-85 (Ethanol) - 3 position

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
geokoppmann
Freshman User
geokoppmann is starting off with a positive reputation.

I just completed the installation of DiabloSport Chip that Andy Wicks at [ www.rune85.com ] / [ www.dynotuneusa.com ] programmed for my 'plain jane' '98 F-150 XLT 2x4 5spe Auto w/ 4.2L V-6 SFI engine and its a NEW VEHICLE !

The Speed Limiter has been eliminated in position #2 ( E-85 Ethanol - 105 octane) and in #3 (Unleaded Super Tune [91/92 Octane]. Horsepower, Torque and Emissions tests will be posted as soon as I can complete them (next week).

Andy is the FIRST aftermarket chip distributor that I contacted by email who would even discuss custom chip programming for my 'plain jane' pickup. I received only 2 other initial replies to my inquiries and noe of those ever returned answers to my subsequent questions. Contact Andy Wicks at either of the above listed links - he's knowledgeable and great prople to deal with.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
99F150
Posting Guru
99F150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I see you found Andy. I have one of his chips in my 99 Ranger 2.5L that he burned for me last October 2006. I have only run E 85 once so far as the winter temps have been cold and you use even more fuel. I intend to start running it in April.

My second tune is modified to run E10 at 89 octane and that is what I have been using so far with a smoother running engine and 2mpg increase in average fuel economy.

Andy is very knowledgeable and great to work with, I took my truck to him in person as I am only 85 miles away.
Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.