Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better gas mileage tips and tricks?

Old 09-29-2002, 09:24 PM
JoeBob1901
Senior User
JoeBob1901 is starting off with a positive reputation.

*other than watch how much u get on it*, is there any good tricks and tips u guys have? And how about things like fuel injector cleaners and stuff similar to it that u run through your gas tank, pros? cons?.

Joseph

Old 09-29-2002, 11:09 PM
1988XLT2002
Senior User
1988XLT2002 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Yah lol keep your foot outta the gas! I was racing some dude in his wanna be fast civic on the freeway and i was going about 115mph and pulled away from his ***. Yes my bronco does do 115mph because my buddy in his v6 camaro was trying to race too. But anyway after that i had like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gas at all i was empty. But i dont really know of any tricks other than staying on top of your tune up's etc... I have denso irdium plugs 15.99 a piece those work really well. Also have a K&N filter. As far as fuel injector cleaner i use Zmax it works extremly well. I usually pull all my fuel injectors every year and clean them and also pull both the upper and lower intake manifold and clean them really well. Hope you find a way to save some gas.

Old 09-29-2002, 11:30 PM
JoeBob1901
Senior User
JoeBob1901 is starting off with a positive reputation.

haha, yea i figured that was tbe best bet, the guy were buying my bronco from said 13 mpg is the best it gets, i duno if thats on the highway or what, but it has had a 5:3 gear ratio change in the rear diff, and it is mechanically sound (rebuilt engine and tranny last year and new 4x4 system put in), and I do keep engine tuneups on schedule and changing of the oil and putting in oil and checking it and all that good stuff, but i figured there was maybe a few tricks, i might try some of those injector cleaners and thigns like that, i dont really need any octane boosters i dont think , if thier recommended that is

Old 09-30-2002, 07:08 AM
Tumleweed
New User
Tumleweed is starting off with a positive reputation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.