Sponsored by:

What type of oil for my V10

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1
Yes amsoil, typo, sorry. I've known many people that have used amsoil with extended periods between changes (with filter changes) and have had outstanding results. Including independent samples sent to labs for reports (surprisingly cheap). There is no way you would be able to discredit what ive seen on multiple boards about the protection amsoil offers.

Now if you wanted to tell me mobil 1 is hyped up to be better then it really is, then i might start believing you.
I suggest you take the time to read through this thread, then tell me you would use Amsoil:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...l-anomaly.html

You can change your own oil and filter cheaper than what a UOA costs in most vehicles.......

Last edited by Bob Ayers; 02-19-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going through the actual data linked in the beginning of the thread, im seeing the oil is performing outstanding in motors. If i wasnt worried about a warranty i would deffinatly be using amsoil in my motor. As far as the transmission oil is concerned, it sounds like ford is just not allowing other companies to use their, apparently trademarked, oil name/rating? So no one but ford can technically make an "approved" fluid. Sounds like ford is just trying to protect profit margins and get you to buy their oil. Or oil from companies that pay them to use the logo/rating whatever you want to reffer to it as.

After knowing poeple in the automotive industry for many many years, with knowledge far superior to my own, and having them swear by the oil, not to mention independant lab tests backing up what i have heard, i cant say anything bad about amsoil. It does what it is designed to do, and does it VERY well. I dont care much about if they are "certified", to me thats just a companies way of making $. Ill take the product that independant tests show works very very well.

In the end everyone can use what they want in their motors. Some will choose the "certified" oil, and some will do more research and decide for themselves what works better by looking at real life tests, by real life people. Not a sample of new unused oil tested in a labratory to some generic standard.

I will continue to look into that thread as i get more time though. Im sure theres some good reading in there.

www.bobistheoilguy.com has lots of good reading too.

Last edited by 1; 02-19-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
SPL Tech
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See now I always thought Amsoil was a top of the line product. I have been told by many that Royal Purple is number one for racing related applications and Amsoil is number one for severe duty towing / offroading applications. I used Amsoil Severe Duty 75w-140 in my differentials in my Jeep and it seemed to work good. Granted it did not look any different then any other synthetic 75W-140 I have put in there, but still. So am I wrong in thinking they make very tough oils?

Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Posting Guru
You are NOT, go talk to people that run big rigs, they love amsoil, and it doesnt get much mmore harsher then that! Sounds like there may be some rogue anti-amsoil person or people on here. Maybe they work for royal purple i dunno, go to any other car forum on the web and people rave about amsoil. Many boards have independant lab tests showing how extremely durable amsoil is. To me, actual people sending in samples and getting real life results, is MUCH MUCH more important then what some company claims.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
not to mention independant lab tests backing up what i have heard,
Lets see some test data from somebody other than Amsoil!!!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
Sounds like there may be some rogue anti-amsoil person or people on here.
Actually, it has been the Amsoil rogues (or cult members) that try to break into FTE with their advertising BS!!!!! Check out the RULES posted on the oil and lubrication forum here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...uncements.html

I am totally against ANY MLM company!!!!

Last edited by Bob Ayers; 02-20-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
As far as the transmission oil is concerned, it sounds like ford is just not allowing other companies to use their, apparently trademarked, oil name/rating? So no one but ford can technically make an "approved" fluid. .
The point to be had on the transmission fluid, Amsoil is advertising their "Amsoil ATF" as meeting Mercon SP specifications, which is absolute
deceit!!! Just like the labeling on their DEO diesel oil bottles says "API CJ-4",
when it doesn't have any API certification at all, and they don't have the testing facilities to test it!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Ayers
Lets see some test data from somebody other than Amsoil!!!!!
Your own link provided results for people that sent in samples. Look at the results, and the techs comments, the tech seems to really be praising the oil. Saying it looks like a smaple from a much lower mileage oil.

HERES A LINK TO PROOF AMSOIL IS API CERTIFIED!!
http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayCompanyI...mpanyID=226450

Last edited by 1; 02-21-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Posting Guru
Amsoil is advertising their "Amsoil ATF" as meeting Mercon SP specifications, which is absolute
deceit!!! Just like the labeling on their DEO diesel oil bottles says "API CJ-4",
when it doesn't have any API certification at all, and they don't have the testing facilities to test it!!!!
I strongly doubt a company as large as amsoil (now sold in some large chain stores) would open themselves up to lawsuits or class action suits by lieinga bout their certification. The company has been around for 40 or more years i believe, they sell huge amounts of oil. They did not get there by lieing to everyone.

Actually, it has been the Amsoil rogues (or cult members) that try to break into FTE with their advertising BS!!!!! Check out the RULES posted on the oil and lubrication forum here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...uncements.html

I am totally against ANY MLM company!!!!
^^^This post makes me feel you have a vested interest in seeing amsoil sales go down. Do you work for, or sell, for a competitor?

Im not trying to advertise for anyone, i know amsoil makes one of the best products on the market and it has been proven across multiple car/truck forums i have visited. Automotive professionals (not joe mechanic) and people in high $ racing swear by the stuff. Ill take their opinions, and the data available from regular people sending in oil for a independant lab analysis over your claims of fake certification.

Last edited by 1; 02-21-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
I strongly doubt a company as large as amsoil (now sold in some large chain stores) would open themselves up to lawsuits or class action suits by lieinga bout their certification. The company has been around for 40 or more years i believe, they sell huge amounts of oil. They did not get there by lieing to everyone.
Well, check it out for yourself, you don't see Amsoil DEO in the Amsoil API certified list here do you??? Only 2 Amsoil products are API certified, PCO, and XL

http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayLicenseI...LicenseNo=0995

Amsoil is just a oil mixing, and packaging company, they buy their oil basestock from much larger oil companies!!!

Last edited by Bob Ayers; 02-21-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Posting Guru
For the record i am not an amsoil dealer, wholesaler, distributor, worker, heck i dont even know who sells the stuff to be quite honest. I run castrol GTX in most of my cars. And mobil 1 in my impala ss (but that mobil 1 stuff is going to change soon, heard some bad stuff). Im just throwing out my opinion in the hopes of helping out a fellow car/truck enthusiast. I know how much these boards can effect someones buying choices, and i feel everyone should be able to look at all the options and make their own choice.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Posting Guru
Well, check it out for yourself, you don't see Amsoil DEO in the Amsoil API certified list here do you??? Only 2 Amoil products are API certified, PCO, and XL

http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayLicenseI...LicenseNo=0995

Amsoil is just a oil mixing, and packaging company, they buy their oil basestock from much larger oil companies!!!
Call me crazy, but doesnt royal purple do the same exact thing? Buy oil stock then add an additives package to it? Heck now that i think about it, castrol, penzoil,mobil.... They all buy oil from barrels, add their secret concoction of additives, and market their product. Thats what motor oil companies do i thought?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
Your own link provided results for people that sent in samples. Look at the results, and the techs comments, the tech seems to really be praising the oil. Saying it looks like a smaple from a much lower mileage oil.

HERES A LINK TO PROOF AMSOIL IS API CERTIFIED!!
http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayCompanyI...mpanyID=226450

Check out your link carefully, only 2 Amsoil products are API certified, PCO,and XL......NOT DEO, or any other product that they try to deceive you on!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1
For the record i am not an amsoil dealer, wholesaler, distributor, worker, heck i dont even know who sells the stuff to be quite honest. I run castrol GTX in most of my cars. And mobil 1 in my impala ss (but that mobil 1 stuff is going to change soon, heard some bad stuff). Im just throwing out my opinion in the hopes of helping out a fellow car/truck enthusiast. I know how much these boards can effect someones buying choices, and i feel everyone should be able to look at all the options and make their own choice.
You sure have a lot of Amsoil BS in your head!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Posting Guru
Your own link showed independent tests? Wheres the BS?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...&postcount=188

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...&postcount=188

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...&postcount=435

^^Those independant lab results from regular users like me and you go WAY furthur in my opinion then someone who will preach against a product no matter what evidence is shown. You have a personal issue with amsoil for whatever reason (you still havnt answered if you sell for, or work in some way with, a competitor) No matter how much evidence you ask for, and then are given, you just go back to your old sayings.

Your like one of those ducks that you tilt and it acts like it drinks water, then tilts back up, then drinks more water, then tilts back up... Im sure some of us had one as a kid. You just keep repeating yourself over and over and cant respond to the tests you asked for.

Last edited by 1; 02-21-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: What type of oil for my V10