6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Dashhawk Electronic Gauge Display

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dashhawk Electronic Gauge Display

I have been debating what to do about gauges for a while now. I would like to be able to monitor voltage, tranny temp, egt, oil and fuel pressure and temp, and other things but I don't want to have a bunch of gauges all over the place. I'd also like to keep my drivers grab handle. If this can really show me all this information I may have to start shopping for one. Are there any mounts made for it? Does anyone know what all it takes to install? I am specifically interested in the pyro and tranny temp info. Do you have to drill and tap the manifold to get the pyro reading from this? Same with tranny temp, do you have to install a sensor in the transmission?

Here is a link to the website for it.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Special Ed
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

BeerStalker,
Had one for a few days in my 06 stroked 250. It had a short in the cord and shut off while scrolling thru the pages. Although, you could read codes and clear them without pulling out the scanner. The little time I did have to play with it I can say it did not support much. Trans temp showed not available on the screen as with many others. It does not show you what it states it will. I remember being able to see calculated engine load, engine coolant temp, MAP, engine RPM, vehicle speed, IAT, MAF, fuel level, voltage, throttle position, and pedal position only. NONE of Ford's enhanced PID's were available: engine oil temp, trans fluid temp, cyl head temp, fuel press, or torque converter slippage. I dont know if the unit I had was broke internally and that is why I could only get the the little it showed or if thats the whole deal. The website shows it should support many more parameters, but thats all I could get out of it. I should be getting my new one on Monday, I will post if the new one is any better. I would call MSD or verify with other members here before purchasing one. If the new one is the same way as far as limited info, I have a feeling I will be returning it for a refund. This was my 2 days with the Hawk.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Ed, definitely let me know how the new one works out. Also, if anyone else here has any experience with this please speak up. I think it is actually the same as the Edge attitude monitor, except it can't do tunes. So if anyone here has the Edge maybe they can speak up too.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Anyone with new info?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM
cudajim
Senior User
This is cool, I am going to my local store to see one. I want to see the additional Ford Enhanced PID's too. If this support it.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Enomra
Elder User
Looks like an edge knock off

Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Dsl_Burner
Senior User
Originally Posted by Enomra
Looks like an edge knock off
MSD owns Edge. They bought them out within the past year.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:23 PM
cudajim
Senior User
I was at the speed shop tonight. Came very close to buying one. The only reason why I didnt was because it couldnt read EGT. We called MSD and I got one of those "its planned for a future release" responses. I am going to wait. My truck is still compleatly stock

Old 02-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Enomra
Elder User
Thanks Dsl_Burner!!! I learn more every day.

The edge does read EGT why would this one not????

Old 02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Yeah that's what I said earlier I'm pretty sure it is the same as the Edge monitor, it just can't tune. Really wierd that it Doesn't do EGT though. I guess I'll be waiting to get it too.

I figured with this I can install it and not worry about warranty issues because it is just a set of guages, as opposed to the EDGE which is a controller for their programmer.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
cudajim
Senior User
Thanks Dsl_Burner!!! I learn more every day.

The edge does read EGT why would this one not????
I think I figured this puzzle out. I just watched the Juice install video. It doesent read EGT without the addition of a EGT probe.

Doesent the stock ford computer have an EGT probe someware?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Enomra
Elder User
cudajim: no but it is easy to install one in the drivers side manifold. 10 -15 min work....

Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM
cudajim
Senior User
cudajim: no but it is easy to install one in the drivers side manifold. 10 -15 min work....
Yes, but it looks like the DashHawk doesent support it as an input. Funny thing is that the Edge guy on the phone said it would be a software update. I'm calling them again.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Let us know what you find out.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bulley Dog Moniter does the same thing. Has wiring for 2 EGT's but you must install them separate from the OB plug in....If you have the Bully Dog Hop-up module you can add or subtract the HP as you drive. You can also reset troble codes after you read them.....It also will start taking out horsepower where ever you set the EGT's to do it. I have mine set on 2 EGT's, Boost and Volts.........Good Luck

Quick Reply: Dashhawk Electronic Gauge Display