Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Trusted Pa. Mechanic List

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
MBBCop
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Trusted Pa. Mechanic List

Now that we are up and running thought maybe we could get our own list of "Trusted" Mechanics. At some time or another we will need to make a visit to a Certified Mechanic/Auto Repair Shop and why not let others know who can be trusted and who we (Pa Chapter Members) should stay clear of. Perhaps even some of our own members will gain by participating in this forum if they are a "Trusted" mechanic. Maybe we can list the location, shop name and a contact. Of course "side" work mechanics would be encouraged.

Last edited by MBBCop; 06-29-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 PM
stockernavstar
Senior User
NORTHEAST DIESEL SERVICE
877-759-8312
570-453-0933
Parts-Service-Inspection
Preventitive Maintanance
All MAkes All Models Tractors-Trailors

Valmont Industrial Park, 150 Dessen Drive
W. Hazleton, PA 18202

I read this right off the buisness card he gave me. HAd Diagnostics performed there on my psd and was very pleased with John- the owner,as he came out to personally run the test equip. on my truck. Searched high and low to find a good shop who has tons of experience with psd's. He had all the diag. equip to run my buzz, contibution tests. I'm so glad i didnt have to go to the dealer and that honest mechanics still exist.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I use a shop in Philly, Ready Motors on Tulip St. They do a lot of everyday work for me, my kids and some friends. They haven't finished my truck though, you can read other posts about that. I have confidence that when they give it to me i'll be satisfied, i have been with everything else they've done.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

do i count? although i'm not a real mechanic or anything, i've come to learn a lot about my powerstroke over the past 4 years. if anybody needs some help wrenching on a psd in the philly area, i'd be willing to give a hand if i'm available, or even to have a bs session

Old 06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Matt, if i can ever convince my daughter to convert her 96 Bronco to diesel i'm sure we can make a project of it. A nice sedate lifted turboed, nitroused, propaned grocery getter, with at least a thousand watt sound system.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 PM
soondg
Postmaster
MBB,
With enough guys on here i'm sure there will be enough knowledge and even mechanical skills that we could pitch in and help each other with their trucks.
Sorta like ah, ah, truck club! Unless of course one of us is an altruistic mega-millonaire who wants to donate lots of money to the other members to customize their rides. Maybe we can even buy a Pennsylvania Chapter Power Ball ticket, we'll have to elect a treasurer first to manage the account when we win. Optomist or Fool, doesn't matter their both dreamers.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:42 PM
soondg
Postmaster
c'mon guys MBB posted this question so we could have a reliable base to work from, you mean to tell me there aren't any good trustworthy mechanics in our state(who may also be a little reasonable in their pricing)?

Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 PM
stockernavstar
Senior User
i know who not to go to = any dealership that exists out there.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:06 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
i've never had my truck to the dealer.....if something went wrong my dad or I could always fix it....a good friend of our family works at Tom Masano lincoln/mercury in shillington, pa.....he does good work....other than that i've heard good things about Manderbach Ford on 5th street highway in Reading....

Old 07-20-2006, 01:10 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
Well, should you ever break down near Montrose Carl Hawley is your man. He has yet to work on my truck, but he's worked on all our other vehicles. VERY honest, gets it done as quick as he can and still do the job right, fairest pricing you'll find ANYWHERE. I'm buying a 1995 Jeep Cherokee from him this weekend. He got it at auction, listed it at $1995, then looked to see what work it needs. He went over it, told me what it needed and said he'd knock whatever work I did myself off the asking price. I told him I'd take it. He asked for 2 weeks to go over it thoroughly and said if he found something major he wouldn't sell it to me, but would find something at the auctions for me -- an honest mechanic AND honest used car dealer!!!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
soondg
Postmaster
That's quite a combination there fordgirl. Honest competent mechanic, who is also an honest car dealer. I used to tell my kids that when a car salesman says HELLO he's lying. I'm not jaded, just spent some of my early twenties in the business. Could deal with everything in the business except the other salesmen, they where all Legends in their own minds.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:41 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
I know -- it's scarey isn't it?? I ended up getting the jeep from him for $1700, and then I couldn't get the back driver's side door open. I called him today, he said "Bring it in and I'll look at it" -- hour later I got a working door and he didn't charge me a penny, wouldn't even take the $ I tried to give him!!!! He's the last of a dying breed...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Last of a dying breed? He may be one of an only breed.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:05 AM
dk5122
Elder User
Originally Posted by stockernavstar
i know who not to go to = any dealership that exists out there.
I have two Ford dealerships in my county I would have no problem taking any of my vehicles to. It helps when they service our company vehicles. Like 300 plus trucks. They tend to give you a price break and better service when they get to know you. Isn't that sad. Only time I let someone else work on my vehicles is when I'm just being to lazy.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 PM
hammerman1229
New User
If you need any carburetor work done, there is a guy in Newry, PA, near Altoona that is the best I have seen. His name is Ron Conley and he works out of his house so if you need a phone number just do a search for him. I also have his card at work if you can't find him.

Quick Reply: Trusted Pa. Mechanic List