Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Dsep
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the site

Hi,
Iam new to the site... and working on selling a nice 79 1Ton F350
Camper Special to the right folk. Hope Iam not breaking any site rules!

It has been listed recently in the classifieds

Dan

Last edited by Dsep; 03-10-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:24 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 threads up is the for sale and wanted thread. That's where we prefer things of this nature to be.
With that said, why don't you tell us a little about yourself, or what brings you here, or whatever, just feel free to chat away with us, been kinda quiet around here...

Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Dsep
Freshman User
I tried gently to let folks know I have a 79 Ford Camper Special Truck I have decided to sell because 10 titles in my stable, and 10 is to many...now that spring is here I have decided to let this truck go and it will not be easy!

I am here to sell this truck as mentioned to the right folk that will respect it for what it is! Hopefully to someone that loves these Trucks... and hopefully to someone here in Iowa which could make it an easy transaction. I feel this would be a better place to start before I head to Ebay... as selling on ebay is a different type of sale.

It will be interesting to see how the other 79 special that is/was? listed here until I started asking a few ?s has now been put on ebay... so I will be and am going to get an education about my Truck... although the seller refuses to respond to any of my ?s so I am skepticle of the true colors of that truck.

I also, have a 62 unibody that I am undecided on when and where to offer it it for sell.

I mentioned if I was breaking any rules that whoever could delete my Treads I tossed around relating to the sale of this Truck,... that is posted in the classifieds.

I qwikly found out that when it comes to the Camper Special versions that not a lot folks really understand what these trucks are all about ...so I have been ?ing some of the heresay and knowledge trying to learn a bit more about my truck, as I get ?s on my truck I may have some of the right answers. I think I know more than I do so I really dont want to speak to much about what I think these Trucks were really built for as I am new here and dont want to step on any toes... and by no means make anybody ticked off at me if you all know what I mean.

I should also mention that I have owned this 79 for 7years so I am not someone buying and selling for profit... I like to buy and hate to sell. I have put alot of heart it this Truck and am trying to get a fair price! If I cant get it here... than maybe ebay will get me more money than I am asking...who knows.

Iam in my mid 40s so I have some knowledge about some of the older stuff ...but, mostly older Chevys... maybe I should not have shared that info but its the truth!

I am winded, but could go on forever...
Dan

Last edited by Dsep; 03-11-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Have you heard from Mil1on in the 73-9 forum yet? Pretty much what he says typically is accurate when it comes to specs and production info. He has a lot of information that is hard to come by. I hear you on the amount of misinformation that is out there. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, and when it comes to production stats, I have no clue, not really something I worry about much. I do know the 73-9 trucks are gaining in popularity. I have a 77 right now that needs some attention, haven't had or taken the time to worry about it, my 86 is taking care of business just fine. My dad had a 79 Supercab when I was a kid, have some memories of that old truck, got traded in for the 84 he still has that I intend to rebuild sometime as the money is available to finish the job.
Feel free to speak of what you wish on the trucks, or anything state related here, the truck tech part is generally held in the different truck sections. There's no problem with posting about selling your truck, it is just preferred to keep most of the sale and wanted items in the one thread so the forum doesn't look like a garage sale area... And don't worry, I have had plenty of non-Fords, and still do have them... Our mod for this chapter even was a Chevy Master Tech, but is better know here for his Ranger on steroids...

Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Dsep
Freshman User
I believe I have the steroids pumping in the Camper Special Topic in the
79 F350 Forum. Thats what these sites are for I guess...check it out if you have
not already. Glad to see folks reply with good intentions around here.
Great site that for sure!

Thanks, Dan

Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Naw, this : https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...1&albumid=9167 : is a Ranger on Steroids... not just a 460 in there... He races out ot Reasoner

Old 03-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Dsep
Freshman User
Hey Iowa folks,
I added some pics to my classified ad... where my 79 F350 Camper Special is for sale.
I sure would like to sell it to someone close by to Central Ia to avoid some long range selling headaches...

Fellro86,
I was referring to the guys discussing Super Camper Specials and Regular Camper Specials and what was what, and what year SCS ended if you know what I mean.

Not that my Truck was a studded Steriod like the one you posted a link to...except the girls got my attention! Very nice Truck I bet that thing is a blast!!!

Thanks,Dan

Last edited by Dsep; 03-14-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Dsep
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Dsep
Hi,
Iam new to the site... and working on selling a nice 79 1Ton F350
Camper Special to the right folk. Hope Iam not breaking any site rules!

It has been listed recently in the classifieds

Dan
Recently added some more pics...