Colo. Natives check in here.... - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Colo. Natives check in here....

Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
rkymtnman30
Senior User
rkymtnman30 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was born at Colorado General for the younger generation University of Colorado Medical center on 8th and Colorado My kids were born at the same hospital just with a different name. I graduated from Denver South in 87 Spent a lot of time in Cinder Alley and I remember when they remodeled the center of Cinderella City and took out the HUGE fountian and put in the food court. My mom graduated from Englewood and we still laugh about the people who bought houses in Highland ranch lol formerly know as the land fill lol. My dad has owned a Ford as long as I have known when I was young it was a rolled bed black beauty with a flat 6, then the 69 f-100 with a 393 and side pipes lol he bought a brand new f-150 in 1993 and jut rolled past 65,00 orginal miles on her. I have had more than my share currenty an F-250 in progress and an F-150 that has been my hunting buddy for quite a few years.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Hypoid
Postmaster
Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome aboard rkymtnman!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:42 PM
rkymtnman30
Senior User
ty glad to be here

Old 03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Libra
Senior User
Libra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I always considered myself a semi-native and no I never did get the bumper sticker. We moved to Aurora in 75 and I remember Buckley was a dirt road and 225 was in Kansas. I've been away from Aurora for MANY years and was recently back and can't believe the sprawl. What a difference. I also lived in Colorado Springs and again can't believe the sprawl happening there too.
So I'm not a native and I don't live there now either but my heart will always be in Colorado and when it's my time to go I'll be buried there too.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:00 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
rikfish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anyone remember some years back when they were developing the area around the old WWII Lowry AFB bombing range, and were finding live ordanance OUTSIDE of the range!

Got to love Aurora and its uncontrollable growth..................

Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 PM
skiziks
New User
skiziks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just stumbled my way to this forum and thought I would chime in.

Born in Colorado Springs and grew up here. Went into the Navy and once I got out I came right back.

I love this place!

Remember when it took more than a weekend to build a whole subdivision of cracker jack houses?

Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
levi'sford
Senior User
levi'sford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.levi'sford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Born in LaVeta, moved to Colorado City/Rye when i was one, went to college in Colorado Springs, now live in Falcon. Love this place. Levi

Old 04-08-2007, 01:30 AM
rkymtnman30
Senior User
I lived in LaVeta for a while, welcome to FTE

Steve

Born in LaVeta, moved to Colorado City/Rye when i was one, went to college in Colorado Springs, now live in Falcon. Love this place. Levi

Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 AM
F350JOHN
Senior User
F350JOHN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

Born in Leadville, Co and now live in Pueblo West, Co. I've lived in Grand Junction, for college. And Thorton, Westminster, and Arvada for work in the past.

Two of my top loves in life are Colorado, and 1992-1997 F-350's (Own 4 of 'em!)

Last edited by F350JOHN; 04-08-2007 at 01:42 AM. Reason: forgot vital information.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 AM
levi'sford
Senior User
levi'sford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.levi'sford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Steve, it would have been 1980 when we lived there. Moved to Colo City in 81. I think I have a great uncle that still lives there, and knew quite a few folks in the area. Levi

Old 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
rikfish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by F350JOHN
Born in Leadville, Co and now live in Pueblo West, Co. I've lived in Grand Junction, for college. And Thorton, Westminster, and Arvada for work in the past.
I didn't know I had any FTE neighbors. I live in P.W., on the southside. I also lived in Arvada for a few years, then in Westy (Trailside) for a little over 18. Moved the P.W. 4 years ago this month.

You might know me as your local Mountain Man distributor. Drive a 01 E350 extended van with the side and rear windows whited out. At first glance, looks like a cargo van. No logos yet. I used to have a Plymouth Voyager with the logos, but needed more van last year when we bought out the other distributor here.

Last edited by rikfish; 04-08-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:05 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
redneckboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
lived in Leadville till i was 10 moved to vegas and cant wait to get back to Colorado soon

Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
BigGrizz76
Senior User
BigGrizz76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was born at Aurora Presbyterian before it became the women's hospital. Lived majority of life in Aurora, spent all of High School in Granby, and moved to Greeley for college (UNC--Bear Down!)...I love Colorado!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
bigolfordtruckgal
New User
bigolfordtruckgal is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was born in New Castle, Wyoming, but my folks and I moved to Longmont when I was 2 months old. At that time Longmont only had a population of eight thousand.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:09 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
When did you move there?????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Colo. Natives check in here....

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: