New member and ranchero

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
yardfull
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member and ranchero

My X Bro in Law died and I somehow ended up with his 61 Ranchero. It had been parked in his garage since 1991. He wanted to fix the window so it would roll up. Well he sanded a little , started "storing" some stuff in the back, and before too long the car could hardly be found amungst the garage junk. He got sick and the cancer spread quickly. may he RIP.

Anyway, I cleaned up some wiring and fuel issues and drove it home. The window still doesn't roll up. I am begining to see that this is a rare find. To my wife, however it is just more junk in a yardfull!

So here we are posting and researching this great little truck. I wonder how many there are in existence?

Last edited by Jimbare; 02-07-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: language
Old 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
welcome to fte! post away and let us know what you want to do to it. one of the chero guy's will be along and help you out with the numbers question.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, thats a good user name. I would assume it means this is not the only jewel in the fleet. I've been hanging around here for a few years now but only recently been checking this forum because I got a 63 for my B'day from my wife. This forum does move a little slower than some of the other ones but if your patient the info is always good. Welcome again, Rich.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
another good site with a wealth of info on the falcon based ranchero is www.tffn.net over 2700 registered falcon owners.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
Sounds like a good project 'Chero, and really lousy circumstances to get it. My condolances on the loss. RIP. Anybody with a Ranchero must of been a good man....