1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Looking for a decent hood

Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 AM
dotcentral
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a decent hood

I'll post a want ad as well, but like probably half the slick owners out there, my hood is shot and needs replaced. I found an aftermarket fiberglass one, but the website mentioned it was "racing weight" or something like that, which I guess must mean it is flimsy and won't hold up on something driven on the street.

I'm in North Carolina btw.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:38 AM
airharley
Postmaster
Race weight means it is light so you can take it off with minimal effort. I take it you went to us body source and found it. If you look at the bottom of the page they ask you to tell them the type of racing you intend to use the hood for. They reinforce it according to what you need it for. So it doesn't hurt to give them a call. Oh and believe me when I say this. Drag racing a truck will stress the heck out of the frame and body. It wont take a hit with a baseball bat but it will hold it's own when driven on the street. Besides if you read the section I am taking about they also make them for mud bogging as well.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
dotcentral
Senior User
It was a link someone posted on the slick 60's site. Might have been US body, but not sure. Guess I could call or email and see what they say.

Search this Thread