Notices

Finding Clear Roof Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, called Pacer this morning, they don't sell those lights, so they must be from some other company. I emailed americanautobarn this afternoon about how/what/where/how much, so hopefully I should get a response tomorrow, as its what, close to 8 or 9 over there? I'll let you guys know.

The clear lights do have amber LEDs or bulbs that you can buy, so legality problems will not exist......Now to find clear front corner lenses for my body style.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
whittaj2003
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beerstaker, I love that hood. I've been looking at one like yours or the heat releaser with the reverse type of scoops. What made you decide on that particular type?

Awesome truck...

Old 03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Well this is what I got for a response:

Hi Thanks for your enquiry, due to the exchange rate being about US$ 2 to 1GBP you would be best ordering direct in USA try www.driverfx.com who will do a deal on shipping. You can get clear late model F350 SuperDuty style lights OK (recon accessory brand), but the older style clear tombstone shape lights we carried were made by a company called APC out of California – they just went out of business, although they have now apparently been bought out by a new company they are dropping many of their old products, those lights were one of them – we have not been able to get any for the last few months… you may still find some old stock at some places, eBay is probably going to be your best bet!

Kind regards

Bob

Customer services

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well damn, that really sucks, talk about being just late enough......

Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 AM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
yeah no kidding. But it still feels good knowing somewhere, someone had the courtesy to produce these lights for people who know how to make their truck looks great. I dont understand why they dont make our model light clear for Fords, just dodge and GMC....Good luck evveryone, whether you find these lights, or you do what RollinHi95 did with the Dodges, which looked great too. See ya guys

Old 04-07-2007, 08:41 AM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Well I just bought those clear Dodge lights off Ebay. Man, its still to bad about them other lights being discontinued and all. But I am just going to live with these, they will be better than the ugly red ones I have on there now. I will post some pics as well once I get them on.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
I got my lights about a week ago. I went and got a quote to have them installed. My guys where I got my paint job only wanted $250 to fill the old holes, repaint the roof, and install the new clear lights. In the mean time, I order up some new LED's for the lights to match the LED's I have upfront in the headlight area. Its going to look badass. I will post some pictures next Wednesday when its done.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
RollinHi95
Senior User
I'm looking forward to seeing your truck with the lights.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Yeah me 2, its the last lensed light on my truck that hasnt been changed, and it will officially be "bones". Black on Chrome is my theme, and those red lights deff were not part of it.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:28 PM
wrobo23
Elder User
Originally Posted by RollinHi95
you could probably find a harness in a wrecking yard or maybe from Ford and just plug it up
I know it's been a while since this topic has been covered, but can someone tell me if I order the set of clear dodge lights (as you RollinHi95 have) and order the ones that have a wiring harness, how will that differ from a Ford wiring harness? What I'm getting at is I want those exact lights, I don't have ones right now, and I really don't wanna buy a complete ford set and then the dodge ones and combine the two. Any help as to the wiring harness problem? And help is appreciated!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
This may be a dumb question, but I gotta. Why does one need a wiring harness? I have put clearance lights on several vehicles, and have never had to use one. I am sorry if it is a dumb question, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. My lights have been on my diesel F250 for over ten years now, with no problems.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
Originally Posted by cfrives3
This may be a dumb question, but I gotta. Why does one need a wiring harness? I have put clearance lights on several vehicles, and have never had to use one. I am sorry if it is a dumb question, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. My lights have been on my diesel F250 for over ten years now, with no problems.
Well I was under the assumption from what I've read / heard that you need it to properly hook up the lights. Upon calling a local installer / friend he explained that you don't and that reg. wire (16 guage or so?) will do just fine. So... I saved $30+ on ordering the harness (woot!).

Lights are the older style dodge. Clear w/ chrome base. I'll get pics up when I get them on in addition to the new bedliner... yup, springing for the line-x! It's about time I take some pics of my ride anyways. Cheers!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Got a year estimate from the dodge? I want clear roof lights on my bronc.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
Here are my lights:

http://www.gosocom.com/product.php?pk=65&pname=Part+%23+264145CL+-+CLEAR+Cab+Lights+Dodge+99-02&p_cat=29

and here is the website:

http://www.gosocom.com/index.php

Just got shipping notice today. Should ship outta Florida tom. Maybe check cheap-bay if you wish to get some as I see there's sometimes a better deal. I cannot complain at the price though. I think it'll set my truck off now that I have the lightning heads with clear corners

On edit: From what I've read and saw almost all of theirs are universal. I chose what I did for a more "clean" or "smooth" look as compared to the FoMoCo SD cab / roof / clearance / whatever lights.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuppers the lights have been installed! They look real good imo. The clear cab lights coupled with clear corners with my lightning headlights look sick. I also got my bed done by line-x. Looks great! I need to spray my tiedowns in the box black as they are a little discolored/have surface rust.

Pictures? Yeah... I'll get them. I haven't taken a single pic of her yet so next time I clean 'er up I'll snap a few. Mods are almost done.... I think....

Thanks to all who helped (especially the pics). Cheers!

Quick Reply: Finding Clear Roof Lights