Drove an '08 F250 FX4 CC SD diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Drove an '08 F250 FX4 CC SD diesel

Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
offshore1
Senior User
offshore1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

First thing is the motor is VERY quiet. Almost as quiet as a gasser. The turbo lag is pretty much non-existant. Tha salesman was quick to point out the new motor NEEDS more maintanence than the older diesels. One thing he pointed out was a condesation collector (I think) that needs to be drained every 2K miles. That's gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl. . . . .

The interior is nice and comfortable, kinda like a updated F150 interior. Good quality materials.
Driving it was nice. Very smooth ride - again more like the F150 or even more car like. The truck "felt" smaller than my F350 SD CC. Power was good off the line, but tended to flatten out at upper rpms more than the 6.0.

All in all, I still prefer my '05 SD at this point, but will re-evaluate when I drive one that is more like what I would order - a Lariat and a few more options.

Last edited by offshore1; 02-01-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Enomra
Elder User
Enomra has a good reputation on FTE.Enomra has a good reputation on FTE.
Good Post !!! We need more honest to goodness evaluations on this new truck. There are a lot of people on the fence right now and it is a hard decision to make whether to get the 08 or save a bundle and get a new 06 or 07.... I think they have it right on this new truck but I have yet to see one in our area....

Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
CounterMaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow we got a mature honest answer...maybe i will like it in 10 years when i can afford one...lol...till then i can only drool...

Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM
SuperDutyJ4500
Elder User
SuperDutyJ4500 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The good thing about that water seperator is this...all you have to do to it is flip a switch, it empties, you flip the switch again, start your engine, and away you go.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Enomra
Elder User
Enomra has a good reputation on FTE.Enomra has a good reputation on FTE.
I noticed that too!!!!! Nice feature!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:30 PM
parcours
Senior User
parcours is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also drove an '08 F250 today... Nice truck!<O:p</O:p
Is it that much different than my '06, yes and no. The engine is very quiet, but when you are outside it sounds like you want it to. <O:p</O:pInterior is OK, we lost the drivers side small storage compartment, in its place is an ash tray, go figure. <O:p</O:pI agree the turbo lag is almost non existent and hitting it on the freeway, it feels like it runs out of steam a little than quicker than a 6.0. Maybe that could be due to the lack of engine noise in the cab. <O:p></O:p>
The salesman didn't know anything about these, it was like the first time he sat in one. <O:p</O:pI think they will sell, of course the $$$'s may change that. I have an X-plan pin and explain that to the sales manager, all they would discount was $3K on a $51K sticker... <O:p</O:pI think I'll stick with my '06 at least for now. Let see how they fair in the real world.<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Old 02-04-2007, 02:32 AM
SuperDutyJ4500
Elder User
It probably felt like it was running out of steam due to the break in tune...sure it may feel strong, but when it gets broken in..look out.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
powerstrokedieselboy
Senior User
powerstrokedieselboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had heard the same about the water separator. But the saleman didn't state that there was a "simple switch" to flip and it would drain. I was thinking it was something like a regular tractor n' trailer where it it the water separator with a petcock in the bottom of the blow to drain it.

Has anyone that ordered one got theirs yet?

Old 02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
SuperDutyJ4500
Elder User
If you watch the motorcraft service video, you will see how it works..its very simple.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:00 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks like theres no reason to buy anything but a new superduty. Looks like Ford beats the competition in this new truck.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 AM
blarge
New User
blarge is starting off with a positive reputation.
good post boys thanks for the honesty

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: