Sponsored by: DP Tuner

EBPV tube

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Gradymeister
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBPV tube

I just removed the tube going from the EBP valve to the manifold and about halfway down the tube it had a rusted out hole in it. I guess the valve sucking air would explain why it hasn't been running so hot lately. I replaced the CPS last month. (the people who are manufacturing those CPS's are filthy stinking rich! I smell a conspiracy)

Anyone else have that happen?

Old 01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Mine was rusted. My holes in the tube were so small i found them by accident when i put some compressed air through the tube when i was cleaning it out. By luck I had a finger on the other end of the tube with some brake cleen in the tube as i was shooting air in it. I saw these bubbles coming out of the tube through tiny pin-holes. Replaced it and the sensor.

As for the CPS you know where i stand!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i found mine rusted though as well..i got a Eliminater and put a plug in the manifold..my EBV is an exhaust brake now so it doesnt work on the cold package any way's and the high idle still works.....

Old 01-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Gradymeister
Junior User
Does any parts store carry that tube? Mine had such a big hole it broke in half when I gave it a little pressure. The stealership wants 50 bucks for a new one and 140 for the sensor.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
pullinair
Elder User
50 bucks for the tube sounds about right. You can do better on the sensor through the internet auctions. If youre not in a hurry, def go through the site sponsors to get yourself fixed up.

tim

Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I havent seen it at any parts houses, but if you are handy with a bender its a PITA but you can make your own out of SS brake line.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Originally Posted by Gradymeister
Does any parts store carry that tube? .
to answer your question:
All the parts houses around my area didnt carry the tube. A&A auto parts had the sensor but it was at the warehouse.

Beware PMS may insue after reading the following!!!

If you ever plan on running an blank turbo pedistal or gutting yours, or disabling it in the future, here is a way you can save some money by not buying new parts that you may not need in the future.

If you do not use, or do not plan on using your EBPV flap for braking, read on. If you need it read below. Maybe you can save yourself some money in the future if it applies.

1) you can cap off the outlet at the manifold.
2) you can go to dfuser.com and get the code eliminater for the ebpv sensor(site sponsor)
3)you can order your ebpv blank pedistal from e-bay $99 (Rons turbo shop)

No more leaky EBPV. You can upgrade your turbo exhuast flange outlet to one that is less restrictive. No more ebpv sensor malfunctions. As you can see i went through the same thing you are at one time.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Gradymeister
Junior User
So if I buy the eliminator and just plug it in and cap off the hole in the exhaust manifold I'm done with the EBPV problem forever?

Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Gradymeister
So if I buy the eliminator and just plug it in and cap off the hole in the exhaust manifold I'm done with the EBPV problem forever?
Sort of, you still have the solenoid and valve itself to deal with so as not to starve your turbo shaft of oil. If you get the blank pedestal as mentioned and install that, you are done with it forever.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Gradymeister
Junior User
Hey thanks guys for the help. Dfuser had the sensor for 69 buck rather than 140 from stealership!