Love my 67 Econoline

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2000, 11:22 PM
Hogrider301
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my 67 Econoline

Where have they all gone and why don't people Know what they are?... I'v had my 67 for 20 yrs. or more and hope to have it for 20 more years.It's had 3 different motors (a 144,a 250,and now a 170)and 3 different paint jobs.I'v recently pulled the tags off it ( for the first time in 20 years and it broke my heart) and gettin ready to put it through another complete refurb.I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road, I sure miss it and all the good times we've had together.I would be interested in communicating with anyone to buy, sell, or swap parts or just to share experiences and/or knowledge of these old and increasingly rare vans

Old 01-15-2000, 11:28 AM
Brian
Senior User
Love my 67 Econoline

Where have they all gone...
You sure don't see many on the east coast any more.

I found and bought my first Econoline just 3 months ago, a '66 Super Van. What a beautiful machine, though she does need some work. It was once someone's old plumbing van for years until retirement just a few years ago. There is a little rust in the usual places and the front was hit too. I need to go through the motor(170 six) but don't have the time, it's my daily driver. I am looking for cosmetic parts sources and restoration guides if you know of any.

Old 01-24-2000, 05:34 PM
rick
Senior User
Love my 67 Econoline

Anyone looking for parts for ' 61-' 67 Econolines, Dennis Carpenter Reproductions has a catalog, specificly for these years, and I think other outfits do too, I only wish there were 1/2 the parts available for the ' 68- ' 74 body style, plus there is a ' 61-' 67 Econoline van that is still pretty much complete in St. Cloud auto salvage, in St. Cloud, Florida, complete running gear in it, doors are decent, but not rust free, I took the outside original stainless mirrors off it this past Saturday.

Old 02-26-2000, 01:40 AM
NELLS
New User
Love my 67 Econoline

Wondering where all the econoline vans are? Well there`s a few up here in British Columbia Canada. I`ve tried to do my part in saving as many as I could,( till they started piling up like fire wood). I had to get rid of them all exept 2, I got to keep a matched set, 1 van , a 1965 mercury (canadian version) and 1 pickup, a 1965 econo pickup( with quarter windows). Many call me crazy but I think these were the most beautiful vehicle ever made. There are still lots of ford vans out there, the odd dodge fargo , and very few chev handyvans. Ford econos were the most prolific van(apparently the answer to the millions of VW buses being sold in north america) I`ve had numerous vans, buses, window vans and pickups, all econolines. My coolest one was a 1962 van done up as a quarter mile wheelie van! 351 cleveland, ford 9 inch rear end, extra leafs springs( 9 instead of the usual 5) custom made running gear, dog house, seat mounts, racing gages, diamond tuff and on and on. For years I used to think econo`s were dead and gone untill I got hooked up to the internet, and found out they are alive and well. I live in a small town, the only guy around into econo`s. My neighbors love me (ha ha) , and friends and famly think I`ve got a bad case of econoline fever. Hey!, I love my econo`s and do my own thing I`m not hurting anybody. Sombody out there mail me , I need to talk about econolines some more . It`s up to us to keep econo`s alive!
NELLS NELSON
econlineman@telus.net

Old 02-26-2000, 02:10 AM
NELLS
New User
Love my 67 Econoline

After posting my message I noticed my e-mail was wrong, anyone wanting to talk econo`s and parts
NELLS NELSON econolineman@telus.net

Old 04-07-2000, 09:48 PM
Redbeard
New User
Love my 67 Econoline

I've got a '67 Super Van and a '67 truck w/quarter windows. The van has the factory 240, C-4, and 9-inch. It's in pretty good shape. My truck has a built 289 and an FMX ( soon to be a C-4). It is used mostly for dragracing.
Here's my e-mail for any one who wants to chat about these cool vans and trucks.
RedbeardRacing(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 04-12-2000, 01:49 AM
Jim_V
Senior User
Love my 67 Econoline

I have a 1969 E200 display van,short wb.I`m getting ready to install an Offy 4bbl intake with 2bbl adapter and Holley 350cfm 2bbl carb and a split header on it.It came stock with a C-4 and a 9" posi with 3:50 gears.Anyone looking for replacement body parts,i found company online selling them for all Econolines including `61-`67 and `68-`74,e-mail me and i can send a link.Also I have a friend a few blocks from me that uses a `67 Econoline Supervan LWB as an everyday driver for work,it looks beat up up,but has a very healthy 351w between the seats.

Old 12-19-2000, 09:00 PM
66ranger
Elder User
Love my 67 Econoline

in the mid 70's, I had a econoline window(not falcon) van that I really liked. excellent gas mileage, reliable, etc... I ended up semi- customizing it, like alot of vans at that time and it ended up with a '59 edsel center and side grills w/lights on it! Really wild at the time, as both econos and 59 edsels were not the most valuable, I didn't feel bad doing it. Sold it and new owner drove it for some time, until he got into a wreck!

Old 07-28-2001, 02:26 PM
ke6bnl
Senior User
Love my 67 Econoline

Where have they all gone and why don't people Know what they are?... I'v had my 67 for 20 yrs. or more and hope to have it for 20 more years.It's had 3 different motors (a 144,a 250,and now a 170)and 3 different paint jobs.I'v recently pulled the tags off it ( for the first time in 20 years and it broke my heart) and gettin ready to put it through another complete refurb.I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road, I sure miss it and all the good times we've had together.I would be interested in communicating with anyone to buy, sell, or swap parts or just to share experiences and/or knowledge of these old and increasingly rare vans
Try the yahoo.com egroups foe oldencolines lots of help lots of good advice and lots of love of old econoline, trying to get my 63 pu 5 window bugs worked outafter sitting for 13 yrs, every time I fix one thing another thing seem to brake but the group has been so helpful and I couldn't do it with out them. Ed ke6bnl@juno.com

Old 07-30-2001, 07:58 PM
jimarlie
Senior User
Love my 67 Econoline

Any time you want to talk Early Econos drop me a mssg. Been driving my 62 pickup for 26 years now. Wouldn't trade it for a new F250!

Jim

Old 07-30-2001, 08:54 PM
66ranger
Elder User
Love my 67 Econoline

Had a 64 Falcon Club Wagon (econoline) and a 66. My 66 was a little rougher, but ran forever and got over 20 mpg, which I thought was great for a van. Went to an Edsel show in the late '70s, seen a club member's 66 Econo that had a '59 edsel front grill and lights on it. Really cool! Found myself a '59 grill and lights, attached them to my van with sheet metal patches and screws and had alot of laughs. My van was also flamed, '53 chevy skirts on the back and semi custom interior. I lived near a shop that built custom vans in the late '70s and got alot of extra stuff for free from them. Those were the days!

Old 11-02-2001, 07:48 PM
curley
New User
Love my 67 Econoline

hey redbeard,
I have a '65 heavy duty pu that i want to put a 302 in. it has the original 240 in it now am i going to have to alter the motor mounts much to make this fit? the dh looks big enough to slide the v8 in. i also have a rebuilt fmx to back up the horses.
the original rear end is a 8" posi so i think it can handle the load. it isn't a pretty truck, i just want to have a little fun with it. look forward to hearing from you.
curley

Old 12-30-2001, 11:29 AM
bucketman3
New User
Love my 67 Econoline

I AM LOOKING FOR A HOOD AND A HEADLIGHT BUCKET CAN YOU HELP

Old 01-01-2002, 08:12 AM
ke6bnl
Senior User
Post Love my 67 Econoline

>Any time you want to talk Early Econos drop me a mssg. Been
>driving my 62 pickup for 26 years now. Wouldn't trade it
>for a new F250!
>
>Jim

I have been driving my new to me econoline 63 pu for the last 6-8 mo put on 10,000 miles it hasn't been all fun took 3 months to work the mature problem out from a vehicle that sat with my friend who gave it to me for some 14 years not sure how long b4 he got it. But it has very reliable for the last 3 months, except some little things. Having fun with it. Its a keeper Ed ke6bnl

Old 01-01-2002, 03:39 PM
thenkel2
Junior User
Love my 67 Econoline

Quick Reply: Love my 67 Econoline