S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

We need a website designer/master

Old 01-20-2007, 02:38 AM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb We need a website designer/master

Ok,
I have come to a conclusion that we need to finally set up our chapter web site..so....the question Im putting to you guys is...do we have anyone that can make us a chapter website and maintain it? They would of course work in conjunction with myself as well as other chapter members and should hopefully have some experience with it. I would do it but am strapped for time as it is so...if youve done it before and would be ready willing and able to do it again post a link to some of your work so we can look at it and maybey we can vote somone in.

I should point out... this isnt a new idea matter of fact I had made one a while back but for some reason Geocities in their infinite wisdom decided that it wasnt needed along with all my other pages .

The chapter website will include the chapter charter which we wrote a while ago as well as a calander of dates and events and some other features. So anyway, if you feel up to the task let us know!
-Chris
PS..Your pay...the satisfaction of knowing you've helped our chapter out

Old 01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Never got into web page design. :-( Would like to learn someday...but not today.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:54 AM
DNewton
Senior User
i guess i should have memorized allthet HTML and HTTP when i was in school, did you want a professional one, or a geocities/freewebs one? Dustin im sure if i can get ahold of the html i could write the whole program, i even have a $3000 software program just for writing webpages, ill see if i can learn how to use it, ill let you know, Dustin

Old 01-21-2007, 02:39 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Well,
The website would be somewhat limited depending on which ever free web hosting service we use...I was thinking something along the lines of Bravenet or somehting similar seeing as we already lost one to geocities haha.
-Chris

Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they cost money but there are a few the offer two pages for little dollars. VALUEWEB dot com is one I use. It's under 10 bucks a year and you get all you need.

I created the show site for our club www.f100westernnationals.com
also started working on another site for myself www.f100fordworld.com

Never did this before I did the show site and just learned as I went along. No software to buy.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:04 AM
87glhs232
New User
My friends over at turbo-mopar.com have hosting available. A little mmore per year than some others, but I can attest to the stablility. Here's the info for the most fitting account. Custom accounts are available as well.

$25/year
400MB Disk Space
2GB/month of traffic
5 POP E-mail
1 Mailing List.
Webmail access (200MB)
Nightly Site Backup
FTP Access
CGI & PHP
1 MySQL Database (50MB Limit)
Control Panel Access
You supply your own domains!

Contact Frank at frank.katzenberger(at)squirrelpf.com

Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM
ihateminimumwage
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was doing webpages for myself and friends about 5-6 years ago. I can still do most anything with HTML (little rusty, but I can pick it back up in a couple of days...). I also have access to a copy of Dreamweaver, which is way faster then when I used to build sites straight from code. Don't expect any crazy Flash stuff, I'm in the dark when it comes to all that. I'm free most nights, and would be glad to work on the site with whoever is interested.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:38 AM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Nope...not looking for anything fancy....just somone who can work with a basic free web page hosting editor...like I said before I would be doing it myself but just dont have the time right at the moment what with trying to go back to school and find a job that will work with that. Would you be able to put up a link to anythingyouve done?
-Chris

Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 AM
ihateminimumwage
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry don't have any links. Like I said, everything I did was a ways back.

Search this Thread