Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Anounces huge recall on Tundra and Sequoia

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:37 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guilty as charged concerning the Toyota 5.7 thread...........I actually feel weird lusting after a non-Ford truck. But if those published numbers are true, how can you not be impressed???

I don't think I've ever touted Toy reliabillity....I actually DON'T believe that.

What I have touted is Toy's refinement....I really don't know if it's tighter clearances, better balancing, better materials .........Toy's V6's are silk compared to ours.(Ford's)

Compare the Toy V8's numbers to our mod motors.....especially DOHC to DOHC 4 valve. Toy's luxury cars put out more than our muscle cars.

I've touted Toy's re-sale.........again, I can't explain it but it's undeniable.

And lastly, I've touted Toy's superiour management and manufacturing prowess.

People complain about Ford's legacy costs but FTE member RED STAR pointed out a revelation to me......Toy's are usually more EXPENSIVE than their domestic competition!!

I didn't study your recall list but I've seen others........one busted me up, both Toy and Ford had recalls on lenses because of no amber color....even though they showed "different" suppliers, betcha they were made by the same 3rd world country and packaged by their respective vendors...that's why I'm always giggling about the patriotic posts!!

Not sure about 6.0 "recalls" but I've read that warranty costs were in excess of $500 MILLION!!!

We can nit-pic Toy to death but I feel confident they will not ever have a 1/2 billion(?) dollar fug up!!!

Fred (Big) explained the relationship between Ford and Toy with shared hybrid technology.

Ford's CEO touted Toy and hopefully plans to emulate their business plan.

It seems like Ford is waking up and seeing the light...........maybe some of the people here will realize that...............Nah!!! That'd take all the fun out of it.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 AM
edgl
Elder User
I will say it here also, Toyota is perfect. Must be a mistake. They don't even need replacement parts for their trucks, because nothing wears out.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:31 AM
moldman7n
Senior User
[QUOTE=NickFordMan]The point of this thread was missed by you though. He was simply stating that Toyota isn't invincible to recalls, or quality issues. /QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:18 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
[QUOTE=moldman7n]
Originally Posted by NickFordMan
The point of this thread was missed by you though. He was simply stating that Toyota isn't invincible to recalls, or quality issues. /QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I got it all right..............and at the risk of being redundant, thought it was silly bringing up sumpin' that could be thrown right back at ya' 3 fold.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The elephant man callin' you ugly.

Paris Hilton callin' you a ho.

93RangerXl4x2 saying you can't spell.

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 01-20-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder

Not sure about 6.0 "recalls" but I've read that warranty costs were in excess of $500 MILLION!!!

We can nit-pic Toy to death but I feel confident they will not ever have a 1/2 billion(?) dollar fug up!!!
Well, let's see approximately 533,000 trucks need lower ball joints. Pick a number - let's call it $500.00 per unit. This is a safety recall so I would assume Toyota would want to do them all as an unmodified truck could leave them open to POTENTIAL jury awards into the range of 100 million plus per incident. So, 533,000 trucks times $500.00 = $133,250,000.00 Nope, not $500,000,000.00 but still a good chunk of change.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
[QUOTE=DOHCmarauder]
Originally Posted by moldman7n

Oh, I got it all right..............and at the risk of being redundant, thought it was silly bringing up sumpin' that could be thrown right back at ya' 3 fold.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The elephant man callin' you ugly.

Paris Hilton callin' you a ho.

93RangerXl4x2 saying you can't spell.
Hey, I have an idea. Why don't all posters here PM you for permission before posting a topic? Obviously a Major recall for Toyota should ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, UNDER PENALTY of ENDLESS INANE RETALIATORY POSTS, EVER, NEVER BE POSTED HERE AGAIN. EVERYBODY GOT THAT? GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
[QUOTE=moldman7n]

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't all posters here PM you for permission before posting a topic? Obviously a Major recall for Toyota should ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, UNDER PENALTY of ENDLESS INANE RETALIATORY POSTS, EVER, NEVER BE POSTED HERE AGAIN. EVERYBODY GOT THAT? GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

If you wish..........and I'll PM you before I post any reply.........God forbid someone dare debate such earth shattering and important info.

Like before mentioned, let's just re-name these threads: How about.....

"Ford vs The Competition..........but no counterpoint is allowed defending the competition, because we all know Ford is the greatest and has 0 faults and every vehicle that has a blue oval is absolutely best in class regardless..

and we can add rules as follows:

Under no circumstance question one of Mold's threads...he takes it as an attack of his man-hood and must resort to ignorant requests to defend what he thinks must have been earth shattering propoganda to bolster what he feels is the defense of a company in which he doesn't even 100% support since buying his wife a Japanese built Honda.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:55 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by moldman7n
Well, let's see approximately 533,000 trucks need lower ball joints. Pick a number - let's call it $500.00 per unit. This is a safety recall so I would assume Toyota would want to do them all as an unmodified truck could leave them open to POTENTIAL jury awards into the range of 100 million plus per incident. So, 533,000 trucks times $500.00 = $133,250,000.00 Nope, not $500,000,000.00 but still a good chunk of change.

Not only is your math wrong(It's actually higher)......but a $5 ball joint @ 1 hour labor will be no where near $500 per vehicle.........but hey, I'll give you whatever # you feel like pulling out of thin air

But the fact Toy is a company operating in the black makes a recall quite a bit easier to absorb than a company bleeding cash.

Again, it's ignorant to knock somone/something when your problem is far worse.

But keep trying, whatever makes you feel better.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Ford4-life
Senior User
I think FTE should change the title Ford vs. the competition to competition vs. Ford and the all knowing god of all gods Dohcmaruader should be the admin to tell ppl what to post and what not to according to his "opinions" which he feels are only fact.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:06 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=DOHCmarauder]

"Ford vs The Competition..........but no counterpoint is allowed defending the competition, because we all know Ford is the greatest and has 0 faults and every vehicle that has a blue oval is absolutely best in class regardless..

Ah crap, you stole my idea! Must be getting pretty nasty because someone is using BOLD TEXT in their post.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:12 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ford4-life
I think FTE should change the title Ford vs. the competition to competition vs. Ford and the all knowing god of all gods Dohcmaruader should be the admin to tell ppl what to post and what not to according to his "opinions" which he feels are only fact.
I honestly don't get the mentality. (or lack thereof) When has it EVER been suggested that one cannot post anything???

Your moronic response is actually quite hypocritical........obviously it is you that doesn't want certain posts to make it through.

God forbid anyone question something that may reflect badly on the company that you base your whole existence on..........Ford4LIFE.... no, we wouldn't have any bias now; would we???

Almost forgot, what is it about the objective numbers I posted concerning recalls and warranty costs that were opinion???

Just a tad confused there on the difference between subjective and objective are we, Ford4LIFE

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 01-20-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:15 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
[QUOTE=SMIGGS]

Ah crap, you stole my idea! Must be getting pretty nasty because someone is using BOLD TEXT in their post.

Nah, NEVER anger..............just much comical relief when the lemmings reply!!

I'm still waiting for someone to chime in with the old "profits stay here" babble.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:30 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
Unhappy

why are we so concerned about recalls??

I Could honestly care LESS about how many recalls ford has even it had 20,000,000. if anything that would make me happy as i know if i had a problem with the vehicle it would be fixed for me FREE OF CHARGE. so what ford has many recalls as long as it doesnt' put my life in any danger or anything like that it really doesnt bother me at all. because i have family members with some fautly chevrolets that are acking for a recall because of so many problems but instead their paying for them out of pocket. ( it would take nearly an act of GOD for gm to do a recall anyways ) so i dont understand whats the big deal about the recalls and also you have to remember that ford produces more vehicles than toyota and also uses several of the same parts in several diffrent models.there for when something is defective it affects alot more vehicles.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by linkinluver07
why are we so concerned about recalls??
I dunno................axe Moldy, he brought it up.

Originally Posted by linkinluver07
I Could honestly care LESS about how many recalls ford has even it had 20,000,000. if anything that would make me happy....

Ok, but if Toy has 'em it then becomes bad; right???

I know, I know, it's a Ford site.............that means when Ford has a problem it's goooood.......but when anyone else does it's baaaaaad.

I'm getting it now!!! ...........Thanx buddy

Old 01-20-2007, 08:12 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
didnt say that either. but as consumers its beneifits us as if we get the problem fixed without any money paid out of pocket.
Doch you cannot name one single qoute were i have said ANYTHING about ford being the best and everything else sucks. andford is number one. its good to see toy has recalls it helps get rid of the stereotypes that everything toyota builds is like the best ever. i dont care who has what recalls rather it be ford or toyota or honda and gm doesnt make any diffrence to me recalls a recall and it looks BAD on the manufactuer. i would never own a toyota but we shouldnt bash people who swear by toyotas' nor should we bash the people that swear by fords. i like ford because they have always been good to me and never failed me. I would walk 10 miles in the snow barefoot before i EVER got a Chrysler product. my parents growing up had 3 Rams and a chrysler concord and not ONE of them made it 75,000 without some sort of MAJOR repair and on top of that the dealer treated them like crap. so that pretty much ended ALL ties with that company whatsoever ( for those of who who wonder why i bash Dodge so much ). i mean im a member of other forums to like fordvschevy, lincolnvscaddillac, blueovalnews, and dodgetrucks.org (luv to stir them up ) but not on one of these forums are the people so two-faced and biased likr on here (not talk bout u doch). im brand loyal to a certain extent but im not crazy.

Quick Reply: Toyota Anounces huge recall on Tundra and Sequoia